Bridgestone tires at Amazon?

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I just saw a blurb that Amazon and Sears are co-marketing tires, and on a lark, searched for the GT tires. It looks like they have them. Can anyone confirm if these are them?

Front: 265/40/ZR18

https://www.amazon.com/Bridgestone-...&sr=1-2&keywords=bridgestone+265+40+18+RE050A

Rear: 345/35/ZR19

https://www.amazon.com/Bridgestone-...6693137&sr=1-1&keywords=bridgestone+345+35+19

Prices seem decent and qualify for prime (free) shipping.

Last edited:

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Wow. Sure seem correct to me.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Wonder how old they are?

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Wonder how old they are?

That's what I thought, but returns are free...

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Fronts are not correct. Those say RE050 and tread does not match the Scuderias.

We use RE050A N1 (or N0) Porsche.

The prevailing wisdom here is that the N1 or N0 closely match the Scuderia rear construction. N1 having assymetric sidewall stiffness, N0 symmetric.

Here, this is correct: https://www.amazon.com/Bridgestone-Potenza-RE050A-Performance-Radial/dp/B01IFDLMKK/ref=sr_1_2?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1526747902&sr=1-2&keywords=bridgestone+265+40+18+RE050A

I think these are N1. N0 are typically a lot more expensive. You might ask before buying, but in practice I don't think anyone could tell them apart.

Rears are correct. There is only one Scuderia. Well, two if you count the Enzo fronts.

Free shipping makes these a pretty good deal, assuming they are fresh.

Last edited:

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
You might ask before buying,.

How do you do that with Amazon?

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Fronts are not correct. Those say RE050 and tread does not match the Scuderias.

We use RE050A N1 (or N0) Porsche.

The prevailing wisdom here is that the N1 or N0 closely match the Scuderia rear construction. N1 having assymetric sidewall stiffness, N0 symmetric.

Here, this is correct: https://www.amazon.com/Bridgestone-Potenza-RE050A-Performance-Radial/dp/B01IFDLMKK/ref=sr_1_2?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1526747902&sr=1-2&keywords=bridgestone+265+40+18+RE050A

I think these are N1. N0 are typically a lot more expensive. You might ask before buying, but in practice I don't think anyone could tell them apart.

Rears are correct. There is only one Scuderia. Well, two if you count the Enzo fronts.

Free shipping makes these a pretty good deal, assuming they are fresh.

I think you're right, I updated the original post.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
How do you do that with Amazon?

Capture.JPG

Maybe somebody will answer.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I also asked if they are used. The description of one of them said something about tread @ 10/32 (which is new spec, I think) but then warned about used tires. I use Amazon alot and usually get a response but I think their tire stuff is pretty new and the answers usually come from other buyers, not Amazon directly.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Got a flyer from Costco that has a Bridgestone sale. Both GT tire sizes are listed as available.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
check build dates

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
check build dates
You have to do that no matter where you get them.

Nafod

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
I just purchased a set from Costco. They normally run 150 dollar off specials. Prices are close to better than the other competitors. They also have the longest tire warranty of 5 years, that's included in the price. Shipping is free. Lifetime tire work is included. (Rotate, balance, flat fix, etc).
I asked about the manufacture date of the tires, and one guy told me no older than 6 months, and the next guy said a year. YMMV. But I did confirm that if I didn't like the date code, I didn't have to take them and they would order a new set.
Date Codes for the Fronts 3320= Mid Aug 20. Rears 2820= early/ mid Jul. I ordered them in Oct and they sat at Costco for a few weeks until I got back in town. 2-3 months old. Given a 3-4 week shipping time frame from Japan, not to bad.
At first, Costco was questioning the tires for the car, but I told them, its what's on the car now and they didn't show a replacement tire in the stock sizes anymore. Next, they said they could not change the tires on their lifts.. No problem, I'd prefer to take off the wheels myself and check/detail the brakes , wheels and corners anyway. Though I had an appointment, two of the tires where complete before I could get inside and do the paperwork. 20 minutes later, we loaded the truck.
This was my experience with Costco, this last week. Again YMMV.

Reactions: roketman and extrap

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I just purchased a set from Costco. They normally run 150 dollar off specials. Prices are close to better than the other competitors. They also have the longest tire warranty of 5 years, that's included in the price. Shipping is free. Lifetime tire work is included. (Rotate, balance, flat fix, etc).
I asked about the manufacture date of the tires, and one guy told me no older than 6 months, and the next guy said a year. YMMV. But I did confirm that if I didn't like the date code, I didn't have to take them and they would order a new set.
Date Codes for the Fronts 3320= Mid Aug 20. Rears 2820= early/ mid Jul. I ordered them in Oct and they sat at Costco for a few weeks until I got back in town. 2-3 months old. Given a 3-4 week shipping time frame from Japan, not to bad.
At first, Costco was questioning the tires for the car, but I told them, its what's on the car now and they didn't show a replacement tire in the stock sizes anymore. Next, they said they could not change the tires on their lifts.. No problem, I'd prefer to take off the wheels myself and check/detail the brakes , wheels and corners anyway. Though I had an appointment, two of the tires where complete before I could get inside and do the paperwork. 20 minutes later, we loaded the truck.
This was my experience with Costco, this last week. Again YMMV.
That my friend is amazing!