Borla Racing Exhaust

specracer13

GT Owner
Jan 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Does anyone know what these exhausts sell for? I am thinking of removing mine and putting on an x-pipe.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Which Borla Exhaust?

The M-9430-GTX Rear Exit Headers?

View attachment 33531

or the M-5230-GT Muffler ?

View attachment 33532

with perhaps the M-9430-GT Long Tube Headers?

View attachment 33533

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Must be the muffler. That is the only piece that an X pipe is bolt in replacement for. X-pipe with a ligher and noisier. I switched from X-pipe to the Borla. Note that used Borlas do not have a warranty.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I would be interested in the rear exit headers if you have them.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
I would be interested in the rear exit headers if you have them.

Muaahahahahahhahaha!

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Muaahahahahahhahaha!

Gloating is so beneath you.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Paul -

You know, you can buy them direct from Borla now -

http://www.borla.com/products/ford_gt_headers_part__12657.html

They don't say Ford Racing on the Collector, and they have "Borla" on the tips.

View attachment 33536

View attachment 33537

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Thank you Ralphie. I did know they were still available from Borla, but I would like a set from Ford Racing. I'll probably buy the Borla branded set if I strike out. Who knows how long they will continue to have them.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Gloating is so beneath you.

:lol

Thank you Ralphie. I did know they were still available from Borla, but I would like a set from Ford Racing. I'll probably buy the Borla branded set if I strike out. Who knows how long they will continue to have them.

I bought mine from Borla via Muscle Motors here on the forum. I would have preferred an original Ford Racing set, but one, they're hard to come by nowadays, and two, I wanted an intact warranty if I had any issues.
The bumper/bezel hides the top of the tips, so I don't know if they actually have 'Borla' stamped on them. I'll take a look once I get my car back.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
^^^Ceramic coating voids the Borla warranty. Actually, doing any mods voids the warranty, so I assume cutting and re-welding the tips is another warranty voider.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
^^^Ceramic coating voids the Borla warranty. Actually, doing any mods voids the warranty, so I assume cutting and re-welding the tips is another warranty voider.

Of course. But my only warranty concern was with the initial fitment.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California

Probably not, but it would be safest to get that in writing from Borla.

specracer13

GT Owner
Jan 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Sorry guys i should have been more clear. I actually just removed the muffler and replaced it with a Stillen X-Pipe. It sounds awesome!!!

The Borla is in great shape still. I was thinking I would sell it if someone is interested. Here are some pictures.

Attachments

• 2014-04-12 14.18.27.jpg
    2014-04-12 14.18.27.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 329
  • 2014-04-13 18.18.29.jpg
    2014-04-13 18.18.29.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 323
  • 2014-04-13 18.19.03.jpg
    2014-04-13 18.19.03.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 331

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Paul -

You know, you can buy them direct from Borla now -

http://www.borla.com/products/ford_gt_headers_part__12657.html

They don't say Ford Racing on the Collector, and they have "Borla" on the tips.

View attachment 33537

I can confirm that the set I purchased from Borla does NOT have 'Borla' stamped on the tips.

These are mine before they were ceramic coated and installed.

Last edited:

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
The Borla long tube headers I bought recently on Amazon also do not have any branding. Any muffler bought now will be Borla branded on the top instead of Ford Racing. It will also look different with only a few small visible external welds. The sides of the can are inset as opposed to the 1st gen which has the sides flush.

There were problems with the 1st gen mufflers, including cracked welds and rotted stuffing, which led to the redesigned 2nd gen.

I'm speculating now, but it appears the internal baffling may also different on the 2nd gen muffler, because it doesn't discolor. This makes me think the heat distribution is more even.

Finally, the 2nd gen muffler is louder. Louder even than a 1st gen with cracked weld and rotted stuffing. This probably explains why Sinovac wants rear exit headers now (i.e., my car is now louder than his car). :lol

This is the 2nd gen muffler. All of the web and catalog images I have seen still show the 1st gen muffler.

5D3_6859.jpg

5D3_6860.jpg

Chris A.

GT #32
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2007
Ortega Mountain, CA
I have an original Borla prototype in my car.....no name, no cracks and load as hell!

I'll try and take some pic's