Bit the bullett

Cyclenirvana

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 7, 2006
Winston-Salem, NC
Ok. After 5 months of thought, numerous comparison posts on various websites (eg. this one, ferrarichat, corvetteforum, etc.), I finally bought a Tungsten Grey Ford GT! Traded in a perfectly fine car, a 2005 C6 Z51 Millenium Yellow. I will be buying my wife off (eg. diamonds) for the next 5 years!! I have a feeling I am not alone in this.
I literally test drove everything--GT X2, Lambo GallardoX2, 360 Spider, ZO6, etc...but decided to go with the least practical choice!
Got mine for 1k below MSRP.

P.S. There is another dealer in High Point NC with a blue with white stripes late 2005 Ford GT who will part with the car for 165K (only 8 miles).

Attachments

• GT3.jpg
    GT3.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 231

Lgaruti

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Seminole, Fl
Cycle....,
I did the same thing in February.... Z51 out GT in! The Gt is a totally different experience. Congratulations...

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
Congrats to both of you.

I know you both have been reading the posts, but here is your refresher course

1. Don't play with your shifter boot while driving :willy

2. Don't get Gurneyed :frown

3. Practice the GT crawl :rofl

4. As soon as your passenger opens their door, yell duck :ack

5. Be VERY careful :thumbsup

6. ENJOY ENJOY ENJOY ENJOY ENJOY :banana

7. Get used to people looking at you - and it's not because you are funny looking (if you are, sorry :biggrin )

P.S. Oh yes

8. Don't get in to Willy Waving (thanks Neilda - God I love that saying - so by extension ((double pun for the short throw guys)) we have a Willy Wagon and a Willy Knob to shift with) :cheers

Last edited:

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
YAAAAAHHHHH!

Another Forum member / Owner on the site. :cheers Better yet two in NC while I'm in Raleigh - which is a great 2+ hr drive on some great back roads between Raleigh and High Point - look forward to meeting ya out there.

CONGRATS! Be sure to get with DBK and the Ritz for the Rally....... It's 728 Mi from Raleigh - less from High Point :biggrin

dbtgt

One lucky SOB to own a GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Welcome Cyclenirvana!
Everything AZGT said (I love his sense of humor)!!!
I didn't sell a C6 to buy the GT but definitely would have. This car only gets better and better! Enjoy! :banana

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
great choice!! welcome aboard!!

92NSX

Mar 22, 2006
Congrats on a beautiful car!!

bigdan40

GT Owner
Apr 17, 2006
Ditto AZGT!!! Bought same color so I'm even more partial with my congrats! :cheers I traded an '05 SRT Copperhead Viper and would do it again in a heartbeat. Don't get me wrong, the Viper is an awesome machine just not nearly on the level of the GT as I'm sure you can relate having owned the C6! Drive it in good health! BD40

Cyclenirvana

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 7, 2006
Winston-Salem, NC
Lgaruti said:
Cycle....,
I did the same thing in February.... Z51 out GT in! The Gt is a totally different experience. Congratulations...
I like the solid red. I almost bought a solid black without the McIntosh stereo...but the dealer wanted 165K (157K MSRP) and I just refused to buy one at over MSRP...maybe I am too stubborn. But I like the Tungsten best...just hate that damn subwoofer!

Cyclenirvana

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 7, 2006
Winston-Salem, NC
White Petunia said:
Hi Cycle,

Welcome to the club :cheers

Amazing, but I also swapped a C6 Z51 for the GT. Nice to hear a couple of others did too.

Ditto what AZGT said about all those do's and don'ts.

Again, congrats, and drive in good health !

Yeah. The vette was a great starter car for me. And far more practical! But I already own a very practical travel and everyday car-Porsche Cayenne Turbo (if you can call this practical). Of course, now I own 2 gas guzzlers.

Cyclenirvana

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 7, 2006
Winston-Salem, NC
MAD IN NC said:
YAAAAAHHHHH!

Another Forum member / Owner on the site. :cheers Better yet two in NC while I'm in Raleigh - which is a great 2+ hr drive on some great back roads between Raleigh and High Point - look forward to meeting ya out there.

CONGRATS! Be sure to get with DBK and the Ritz for the Rally....... It's 728 Mi from Raleigh - less from High Point :biggrin

Thanks. I live in Winston-Salem. I am fairly familiar with Raleigh, as I was on staff at UNC for 5 years (1998-2003). Great to see another NC GT owner!

Cyclenirvana

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 7, 2006
Winston-Salem, NC
Thanks to you all.
You know every car that I test drove I loved. And the ZO6 is the best value in supercar history!! hands down!
But my decision to buy the GT came down to these things:
1) It was (is) the car that I am most passionate about. I could be happy with other cars but this is the one for me. I was born around the time the original initially won the LeMans so history was less a factor for me than I suppose others.
2) There will be new and better corvettes in the future, new Gallardos or other Lambos, and new and improved Porsche Turbos (like the 2007 model)....but there will be no more GTs!! As far as I know there are only going to be a little over 4000 made and production stops this year. It will depreciate but I suspect will hold value much better than most similar cars.
3) Finally, my wife informed me that this was the last car I was getting for a long time! And I think I could be happy with the GT for a long time.

AMER SPD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 18, 2005
Northern California
Welcome!

Everytime I see the Tungsten I want to buy another GT.

Ok, anytime I see any other color than my Yellow I want to buy a 2nd GT!

Congrats and enjoy,

Last edited:

Cyclenirvana

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 7, 2006
Winston-Salem, NC
AMER SPD said:
Welcome!

Congrats and enjoy,

My corvette was millenium yellow and I loved it. I never saw a yellow ford gt but I bet it looks great.

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
Nice dream car!

gtjim

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 28, 2006
AMER SPD said:
Welcome!

Congrats and enjoy,
Yep ... I understand that feeling. Everytime I see something else than the all black one I have, I want another! After mentioning a second one to my wife, well she didn't say the next one would be a hearse but is was definitely implied I would be in one if I tried to get another GT. Got a feeling the second one will take lots of jewelry (either that or she takes half my stuff as she walks out the door :wink) .

AMER SPD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 18, 2005
Northern California
Agree

gtjim said:
After mentioning a second one to my wife, well she didn't say the next one would be a hearse but is was definitely implied I would be in one if I tried to get another GT. .

I love black vehicles, but only when I'm upright and in the front seat!