BEWARE of these Ricardo transmissions if not upgraded!

daytrayd

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 23, 2010
Austin, TX
Apparently to be an expert you have to "own" 515 cars.

I saw this guy selling his car a while back, if I remember correctly is was a lease vehicle at some point. Its not bad except for the hideous wheels, I think he had $145k BIN on the last auction. But like Shelby said his "knowledge" that he preaches kills his own sale. Put it up with list of mods, pictures, and let the buyer do the talking.

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Why does he have "extensive clear bra" with 12 coats of clear?

Also, it looks like he has a 30 day temp tag on.

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
I think he forgot to mention he owned a taxi cab company! (LOL)

rdjmp

GT Owner
Feb 6, 2011
DFW Texas
514 cars.......ok.....but what kind of cars?!?!?!?!?

Hot Wheels?

ObeyMyFast!

GT Owner's son
May 5, 2009
San Diego
Hot Wheels?

Welcome to the forum!

fordgtforsale.com

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jun 8, 2007
I will tell you one thing, he had me reading the entire ad. Its like Howard Stern, you want to see what he says next. My favorites:

"Clutch: SPEC 1400 hp dual disc streetable (your wife can drive this clutch NO PROBLEM)"

I think that may be a tad sexist?

I also like the four pictures of the wheels and how many times he says he has the stock wheels to include. I know I tried to buy those wheels on one of his for sale ads. Im sure thats about 95% of his inquires. BTW, you have to bid $4k more to get those now.

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
I'm impressed with his knowledge. I think I'll buy it. His E-Bay rating reflects 35 ratings! WOW! (I would suggest he take a lesson in English before creating his next ad however!

GTJIMMY

Permanent Vacation
Jun 12, 2009
Lloyd Harbor, NY
I just sent him a comment to his ebay ad.Wonder if he will post it under general questions.
This guy is clearly a "wanna-be GT owner who thinks he is a FORD engineer......

JL

GTJIMMY

Permanent Vacation
Jun 12, 2009
Lloyd Harbor, NY
I think the guy may have owned 514 VW Bugs.....or Pinto(s)....no, maybe Chevy Vega(s)

GTJIMMY

Permanent Vacation
Jun 12, 2009
Lloyd Harbor, NY
OK, so he respond. I have cut-n-pasted my question and his response from Ebay below. Dave &Chip. Please ban him!!!
PS: Chip , as I know it pees you off , I modified his use of the word about sexual inter-u-know-what!

Dear jamesjarson56,

My god you are an idiot! I have owned 514 cars in my life and I assure you you have ZERO clue on ANYTHING even close to my knowledge and thorough understanding! LOL what a f@#k%&g idiot!
- 928928skiing Click "respond" to reply through Messages, or go to your email to reply

Subject: Other: jamesjarson56 sent a message about Ford : Ford GT #120702441871
Sent Date: Mar-23-11 13:13:54 PDT

Dear 928928skiing,

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about.
Thank God you are not part of our community at the GT Forum.

Good luck selling yuour Gt to some sucker....
- jamesjarson56

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
In his reply, he never mentioned the crankshaft damper.

H

HHGT

"f@#k%&g idiot!" must have meant "funloving idiot!"

nsfkid

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 23, 2007
Port Credit Ontario
OK, so he respond. I have cut-n-pasted my question and his response from Ebay below. Dave &Chip. Please ban him!!!
PS: Chip , as I know it pees you off , I modified his use of the word about sexual inter-u-know-what!

Dear jamesjarson56,

My god you are an idiot! I have owned 514 cars in my life and I assure you you have ZERO clue on ANYTHING even close to my knowledge and thorough understanding! LOL what a f@#k%&g idiot!
- 928928skiing Click "respond" to reply through Messages, or go to your email to reply

Subject: Other: jamesjarson56 sent a message about Ford : Ford GT #120702441871
Sent Date: Mar-23-11 13:13:54 PDT

Dear 928928skiing,

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about.
Thank God you are not part of our community at the GT Forum.

Good luck selling yuour Gt to some sucker....
- jamesjarson56

Reading this is most amusing- Best laugh I have had all day:lol:lol:lol
Mike

I see people all day killing there own sales with a bad add some are just a little more flambouyant than others!:biggrin

nsfkid

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 23, 2007
Port Credit Ontario
Out of curiosity I just checked his Ebay add, He just sold some used ATV wheels for $224 and the guy who purchased them gave him negative feedback - "seller misled add for wheels" Not a good feedback to have when selling a higher end car!

Mike

JCSB

Ex GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
I don't know why you guys are hating on him (my son's term), I personally have had over 600 cars (errr mostly slot cars from my youth). I personally like an out of the box thinker, just so long you can corral them and return them to the herd. :lol

John

GTJIMMY

Permanent Vacation
Jun 12, 2009
Lloyd Harbor, NY
OK,

I've been away from the Forum for a while and I am really enjoying this.:willy
Thank you "JCSB", "nsfkid", "HHGT" and "cobrar". I just landed in LAX on business and I have to say , all of you guys have just made my day!:thumbsup:biggrin:banana
I am laughing my a@^ off!!!!

You know,THINGS WERE GETTING A LITTLE HMMMMM FOR A WHILE.....:thumbsdow::.Parts talk, car talk, Rally talk, etc...... Wow! I forgot how much fun it is to make fun of a village idiot!:dead: And this guy is clearly that.:screwy:

Gotta go check in to the hotel. GT's rule and so do all of you.

JL

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
I don't know why you guys are hating on him (my son's term), I personally have had over 600 cars (errr mostly slot cars from my youth). I personally like an out of the box thinker, just so long you can corral them and return them to the herd. :lol

John

Tell your son we're not "hating" on him as much as just "dis'n em" a little for writing such a "punk" ad.:lol

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
I don't think our friends in the forum are hating or dissing the guy as much as they are pointing out that if you are going to proclaim you are an expert on a Ford GT or any subject, you really should know what you're talking about first. The forum guys are pretty informed and very intelligent on these cars so it's difficult to read his expertise description of something he doesn't have a clue about.

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
I went back and re-read the eBay advert. The guy is a complete nimrod. He's hoping someone (a buyer) is more of a "dolt" than he is. I was tempted to ask the seller a question but decided to save my energy. I remember an ad 3 or 4 years ago on eBay where a base car was listed with a buy it now of $300,000. I asked the seller about his pricing noting that I could get 2 red GT's for that price and he responded like this guy, getting profane and "emo".

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
"f@#k%&g idiot!" must have meant "funloving idiot!"

I see what you did there. Well played sir. :rofl:rofl:rofl