Best Ford GT Color Combination

EasyEric

GT Owner
Mar 6, 2006
Florida and Georgia USA
Hello fellow members,

I just pruchased a Ford GT and will recieve it tomorrow! (will post photos after delivery).

One of the hardest parts of the GT purchase adventure (and I do mean adventure, what with the insane or worse, clueless dealers STILL asking $200K for the car) was choosing what color to get.

After much time spent shopping and looking at GTs in photos and in person, I've concluded they ALL look good, but if forced (read, gun to the head) to rate them I would order them as follows:

1. Black with Silver
2. Tungsten with Silver stripes
3. Midnight Blue with White stripes
4. Red with White stripes
5. Silver with Black stripes
6. Yellow with Black stripes
7. White with Blue stripes

Just curious how others would rank the various color choices. By the way, mine is Midnight Blue with White stripes, red calipers, BBS wheels and NO Mcintosh.

Eric

CanuckGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 21, 2005
Victoria B.C., Canada
Eric:

I'm curious as to where you would rank the Heritage paint scheme in your list?

For what its worth, I'd probably move the yellow with black stripes down a notch and the white with blue stripes up a couple. I'm showing my age, the white with blue reminds me of the old Briggs Cunningham cars.

EasyEric

GT Owner
Mar 6, 2006
Florida and Georgia USA
Good catch Canuk. I totally forgot about the Heritage color (probably because I never saw one in person).

I would probably rank the Heritage color scheme 1st, certainly from the standpoint of impact and WOW factor. In addition the heritage (pun intended) the color represents is indelible.

Eric

EasyEric

GT Owner
Mar 6, 2006
Florida and Georgia USA
Touche' VPC! :biggrin

I almost purchased a White with Blue stripes. Blue and White are America's racing colors and it would have been a nice complement to my Blue with White striped Viper. However, the dealer wanted a 'looney tunes' price for the car. Oh well...

Can't wait until you get your GT. :thumbsup

Eric

GFORCE

GT Owner
Jan 14, 2006
I think without stripes.

All black with just side silver stripes.My vipers are black also.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
It gives me a headache just trying to decide which is best. If there were no such thing as dirt, black and silver just looks so smooth to me. I find white/blue the most fitting color for the car, and Tungsten probably the most spectacular in the right light. Yellow is very purposeful, while red is the classic choice.

As mentioned though, they are all extremely good looking.

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
There is one correct answer to the best color. It's the one you own, if you looked at all the colors and bought the one that appealed the most to you.

StuM

GT Owner
Dec 10, 2005
SoCal
Ummmmm, Color Blind

Being the proud owner of a black/silver stripe car, I can't disagree with your top choice! Yet, like you, I find all the colors and combo's wonderful. This car is great in any suit! I tended more towards red, but the local dealers who had the red cars were also still trying the overpriced BS. Whereas I liked most colors, I readily grabbed the black car, whereas I got a steal from that dealer and he was also the most professional, up-front, honest and knowledgable.

I also wrestled over the color issue for so long my wife was ready to throw me out. I took pictures and hung them on the wall to compare for hours and also bought various colors of models to look at, side by side. She just knew I was one step away from the boobie hatch!

But then the stars and moon aligned and I saw the light (for me) and black and silver now live with various other color combo cars in my garage. That was her first choice too. And yes, I wrestled with color choices on my other cars too. It's a sickness, but I love it! Now, as I consider a new Z06............

EasyEric

GT Owner
Mar 6, 2006
Florida and Georgia USA
Hey StuM, nice color choice.

A GT in ANY color is an attention getter, let alone in RED. I passed on red because I knew that the combination of a red GT, my luck and my driving habits would have put me on a first name basis with the Five-Oh and the local magistrate within days! :biggrin

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
White Blue is the only color... well... at least it's tops in my book. I also have a Viper 06 SRT-10 coupe 008/200 blue with white stripes. It looks great with the white blue GT.

Last edited:

EasyEric

GT Owner
Mar 6, 2006
Florida and Georgia USA
Oh Yeah, VPC about the radio.

I looked and looked for a GT without the Mcintosh and was lucky to find this one. Virtually every car I found during my search had the radio option.

In addition to NOT having the radio, the dealer had installed a remote BLUETOOTH K40 radar detector with laser jamming AND a Lojack. The best part is I was able to purchase this car for UNDER MSRP!

I can't wait to see it tomorrow.

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Very tough! I have a red one with stripes - I've always liked red cars.

Yellow with no stripes would be my next choice - it looks fabulous.
Blue with no stripes - very very cool looking car, changes it's dimensions.
Black no stripes - menacing.

I haven't seen heritage in the flesh - mind you, I've not seen yellow either - but it could be alongside yellow in desirability.

Gun to head, all the cars above lined up. Probably red.

Maybe.

CHAD

GT Owner
Feb 17, 2006
Sarasota, FL
I think the Blk/Slvr is the meanest looking and that is what I settled on.

I would love to see a blue with silver stripes. That might just be the ultimate combo but no such animal.

For some reason, yellow is not popular and very rare. I think it looks very purposeful yet somehow out of place on the GT. I don't know why.

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
I like Yellow the best, after Heritage ;-)
Yellow attracts a lot of attention, but I'll admit it may not be the perfect color for the car.

DLKGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 10, 2005
Southern CA & Hilo, Hawaii
I don't think there is a "bad" color in the bunch. I would not "throw any of them out of bed"

However, I have grown very partial to the "rare" combo that I have in the garage - Yellow with no top nor side stripes.

After having seen all colors (except heritage) side by side at last Sunday's meet at Paradise Cove in CA, I think the yellow (without stripes) best lets you see and fully appreciate the beauty of the body lines.

Black GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 2, 2006
All black no side stiripes! The car looks sinister all black!

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Close. I think black just with the side stripes looks best TO ME.
Few thing I learned is:
1. the whte stripes over the car are not painted perfectly anyhow.
2.They cost a fortune for what they are, rather use that for some extra punch the car needs and can easily handle.
3. 1 of 101 effectively added them afterwards as decals, and it looks great. So you can have the changeover option, if you don't paint them on for big bucks right away.
4. The stripes over the hood somehow change the visual proportions, narrowing the look, and add some visual height to it.

So if I could I would always order without them on, and get a very wide and low looking car, that costs actually less than the one with stripes, and leaves me the option of adding them if I really need them.
Vs the striped one I have now, that looks a bit less wide and I think optically higher. But what the hell, It's in the best classic colorcombination, Midnight blue with white stripes, sportive, elegant, and sooo Ford...

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
I debated long and hard which color to order my GT. Fianally i decided black with silver stripes and do not regret it. I have two friends in the same town with red and yellow cars and we have done photos together (I have posted them) and i must say I prefere black. I cannot buy a car in red unless it is Italian (I have alfas and a ferrari) But I did consider the white bacause it is the international racing colors for the US (like red is for Italy) and it is a Ford afterall! As far as the heritage, it needs a # in the white oval (6 of course!) and the light blue doesn"t do it for me (I have seen one in person). But beauty is in the eye of.. It is nice to have options!!!

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Awsum GT said:
White Blue is the only color... well... at least it's tops in my book. I also have a Viper 06 SRT-10 coupe 008/200 blue with white stripes. It looks great with the white blue GT.

yup, white is not to bad, I just decided to save weight and delete the center strip :banana It was a weight saving measure :cheers

JWH

GT Owner
Apr 5, 2006
Tungsten

I've owned all sorts of sports cars and this car is by far the best looking car I've ever seen - I bought the Tungsten/Silver Stripe and love it - but I thought the White/blue stripe was great. Happy to say that this is the best looking car ever - and the color won't matter - but the Tungsten really shows well in all kinds of light.