Bendpak RJ-45 Bridge Jacks - thanks Santa.

HIRISC

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 14, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
I've had my Bendpak HD-9XW four post lift for awhile now, but hadn't installed any bridge jack or jacking tray setup to allow me to get the wheels off my car/truck while on the lift.

I was swapping winter wheels/tires recently on my wife's car - one at a time - using my trusty floor jack and thought it would be nice to be able to take all four wheels off at once during wheel and/or tire changes (not to mention suspension/brake service). Aha, an excuse to splurge on a couple Bendpak RJ-45 air actuated hydraulic bridge jacks.

These formerly were 'sliding' bridge jacks - on a blocks of plastic/poly. They are now 'rolling' bridge jacks and use a concave wheel that rolls on the top edge of the four post's bridge jack channel. The wheels do not roll 'inside' the channel, thereby eliminating the need to keep them operating-room clean.

After reading on another Forum thread regarding the use of RJ-45's with low ground clearance auto's, I emailed Jeff Kritzer at Bendpak directly. He alleviated my concerns and informed me that the current RJ-45 configuration - coupled with my relatively new HD-9, allow the bridge jack to sit as low as possible relative to the ramps.

The net result provided a very low 2.75" drive over height (no pads) and 3" clearance requirement with pads. My GT is lowered about 1" and the lowest point off the ground is 3.5". I must be doing something right :)

My HD-9XW is setup on the wide setting - that is 44 3/8" between the ramps. The RJ-45 adjusts to allow for use on both the narrow or wide settings.

I bought the bridge jacks here - easy as pie, shipped free directly from Bendpak. http://www.bestbuyautoequipment.com/BendPak-RJ-45-4-500-Lbs-Rolling-Bridge-Jack-p/rj-45.htm

I had the jacks shipped to my office, then had our local courier bring them over to the garage with a lift-gate equipped truck. These weigh nearly 300lbs each. Some guys move them around on furniture dollies. I didn't have those, so I used my engine hoist and a spare tire lying around to prop up the jack for placement on the four post.

Conveniently, the four corner safety bolts that retain the RJ-45's width-adjustable arms (those that rest on the lip of the four post) matched up perfectly with some axle straps I had lying around and made short work of lifting these little beasts.

Very simple to get working. Operated fine on both my mini Craftsman compressor or the big Quincy.

No time to jack anything up, but I tried both my GT and my Z06 on it with no clearance issues. The Z06 was the guinea pig with the bridge jacks at opposite ends. No trouble. When I drove the Ford on the lift, I chose to push both bridge jacks to the front 'just in case'. :thumbsup

All in all, very pleased with these.

Blah blah....On to the pics.

IMG_0637.jpg

IMG_0647.jpg

IMG_0648.jpg

IMG_0654.jpg

IMG_0657.jpg

IMG_0661.jpg

IMG_0664.jpg

IMG_0665.jpg

IMG_0671.jpg

IMG_0677.jpg

IMG_0689.jpg

IMG_0690.jpg

IMG_0695.jpg

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I have the same setup. Did you get the air line kit? Intergrates the air line to the jacks for a clean installation. No loose air hoses to connect or disconnect.

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Nice set up! Can't wait to see it.

HIRISC

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 14, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
I have the same setup. Did you get the air line kit? Intergrates the air line to the jacks for a clean installation. No loose air hoses to connect or disconnect.

Not yet, but I will. It looks like a great add-on.

Any pics?

Nice set up! Can't wait to see it.

Anytime Jason.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Thanks for posting, I have the same lift and wondered which bridge jack would work best.

Thanks for the write up. :thumbsup

Are those foot pedal airline controls?

HIRISC

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 14, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
You're very welcome.

They look like foot pedals but are hand actuated. Lift one side, release on the other. There is a manual safety that must be cleared before the bridge will lower. Pretty slick.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Those rolling jacks are very nice. I only have one and would like to get another. Be careful when loading or unloading a car with a jack in the rearward position. It might be possible for the car to hit the top of the jack when the car reaches the breakover angle. I know this is possible on the lifts with taller runners. I must move mine forward to prevent contact.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Are those foot pedal airline controls?

actually - yes but you use your hands to activate.......

i like the rubber bumpers... older versions did not have which allows the moveable arms to retract inside the jacks beam....

HIRISC

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 14, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
Those rolling jacks are very nice. I only have one and would like to get another. Be careful when loading or unloading a car with a jack in the rearward position. It might be possible for the car to hit the top of the jack when the car reaches the breakover angle. I know this is possible on the lifts with taller runners. I must move mine forward to prevent contact.

Good reminder. I used my Z06 as the test car with the bridge jacks at opposite ends.. I just barely nicked the rear jack so I wised up and pushed it forward before driving the GT on.

actually - yes but you use your hands to activate.......

i like the rubber bumpers... older versions did not have which allows the moveable arms to retract inside the jacks beam....

The round pads are drop in.

Once removed, the extensions slide most of the way back in. You can see them partly pushed back in here:

IMG_0674.jpg