Battery trickle charger

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
You can order new in box from Torrie in Florida.

asesso

GT Owner
Apr 1, 2016
Ocean City NJ
Do you have a contact number or email for Torrie
Art

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Do a search for Fast parts network or look in the supporting vendors here on the Forum.

Last edited:

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
to maintain charge level Battery tender Jr. works perfect is cheap and takes up no floor space

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
What kind of battery will the NFGT have? Lithium for weight saving?

Will ford go with CTEK chargers for the new one car, like other manufactures?

Last edited:

Tomcat

GT Owner
Hope these pictures help.
That is how I do mine...no opening/closing doors/panels/etc..., no crawling under the car. Just plug and forget, un-plug and drive.

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
That is how I do mine...no opening/closing doors/panels/etc..., no crawling under the car. Just plug and forget, un-plug and drive.

I'd forget and drive off with it attached bc I get so excited to go for a drive. With the cigarette lighter one I always run it over the steering wheel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
I'd forget and drive off with it attached bc I get so excited to go for a drive...

And - what's your day job - :facepalm:

Last edited:

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I'd forget and drive off with it attached bc I get so excited to go for a drive. With the cigarette lighter one I always run it over the steering wheel.

I don't even have to be excited :) My muscle memory is to disconnect it when I take the car cover off. Every time I've left the cover off and connected the tender I've driven away with it connected. The design of the nota4re one is very tolerant of this behaviour :) It disconnects with very little tension.

(nota4re's setup is a well known manufacturer that also is sold by others. I had a charger from Interstate Batteries that is the next step up so I use that charger and the internal cable from the other.)

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Nota4re's package is what I use as the FoMoCo original is still in bag, sealed as received

http://www.cooltechllc.com/ford-gt-parts-accessories/16-ford-gt-chargeport-float-charger-kit.html

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
Will ford go with CTEK chargers for the new one car, like other manufactures?

The markup for those factory branded CTEK chargers is kind of ridiculous.

MJSFRX

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2010
Carlsbad, CA

Same here. Works the best for me.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Another option for the ole timers who dont use the internet

Stop by harbor freight for $22; have a $8 version too; corvette guys love these.

http://www.harborfreight.com/12-Volt-Deluxe-Battery-Maintainer-and-Float-Charger-62813.html

http://www.harborfreight.com/automatic-battery-float-charger-42292.html

Between above and the net $20 cost on battery tender jr. everyone should have these

I think iPhone jacks/cable cost more!

paul b

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2006
I have been using the $7.99 version on my Viper for 10 years, never a problem. I use the Ford charger on the GT, again no problems.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Art. If you try to do a hard wire installation of the wires at the battery, the terminal wires have fittings that cannot be opened all the way. Don't try to force them open. Also. Be VERY careful when leaning over the fender. It dents easily. Place several, thick towels over it.

Last edited:

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
I've brought this up a few times before, but I think it wise to repeat it periodically. If you are right there at the battery terminals hooking up a hard wired maintainer, buy a length of braided ground strap and install a redundant ground in parallel with the existing ground. There is a convenient threaded hole in the chassis for the chassis-end of the strap. Be sure to clean the paint from the chassis for the new ground strap bolt. Our aluminum chassis has been known to cause a poor ground over time.

Attachments

• FGT Ground Strap 1 (1).JPG
    FGT Ground Strap 1 (1).JPG
    60 KB · Views: 188
  • FGT Ground Strap 1 (2).JPG
    FGT Ground Strap 1 (2).JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 191

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
I've brought this up a few times before, but I think it wise to repeat it periodically. If you are right there at the battery terminals hooking up a hard wired maintainer, buy a length of braided ground strap and install a redundant ground in parallel with the existing ground. There is a convenient threaded hole in the chassis for the chassis-end of the strap. Be sure to clean the paint from the chassis for the new ground strap bolt. Our aluminum chassis has been known to cause a poor ground over time.

Yes, everyone needs a second ground!! A bad ground left me stranded at a gas station one night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
And/or a 10mm socket or wrench to tighten OEM
Ground nut; keep one in seat pocket$ $5 from sears.

They unseat at gas stations, drive lips, slight inclines it seems and until u retighten no go!

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Good point Howard. I use a very thin coat of dielectric grease on the connection surfaces too.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
I use Boeshield T-9. It dries to a waxy coating instead of staying greasy.