BarrettJackson Scottsdale -FGT / DevonGTX

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
I know many of the FordGTForum members attend BarrettJackson in January.
Several of you saw the DevonGTX at Laguna Seca and PebbleBeach in 2009 and at the SEMA Show a while back when I was working for DevonMotorWorks. The BlackDevonGTX will be at Auction this January - Barrett Jackson Lot # 1296.
Car is being prepped and will be shipped from Michigan to Scottsdate next week.

Take a look when you are there...
thanks

andy (AJB)

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Intersting.... Reserve sale?? Or not? Loved the conversations we had about this project at the what ever # rally that was.....

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Andy - surprising, if you pull up the BJAuction site for Lot 1296, it shows some beautiful photos of the re-done Black/Chrome DevonGTX and states : Sale Type: No Reserve

Does this mean it sells for 'whatever the best bid becomes during the time that the BJ officials allow the vehicle to be on the podium'? I have never been to BJAuction nor participated in a purchase...
AJB (Andy)

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Cool stuff, be interesting to see what it hammers for. If it really sells or other.... Going to look at pix now.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Wow, looks awesome!

scotttroilo

GT Owner
Dec 25, 2010
Scottsdale AZ
Hi Guys. I live in Scottsdale and have sold a couple of cars at BJ over the years. A 73 Group 4 Pantera last year and 64 custom corvette coupe a few years earlier. As I understand it, All BJ consignments for the last 4 or 5 years have been No Reserve. That means they sell to the highest bidder, period. If the seller is not happy with the amount and wants to keep the car, he has to pay the seller commission (10% I believe) of the highest bid. I was lucky and got what I was looking for on both vehicles so I didn't have that issue so I could be wrong but I think that's how it works. Hope to see a lot of you there.

Scotty T.

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Scotty - thanks for the clarification. So, at least you have an "out" if the highest bid is "WAy-Lower" than you have any intention of selling for....but you still have to pay the 10% for the 'experience of trying".
andy(ajb)

scotttroilo

GT Owner
Dec 25, 2010
Scottsdale AZ
I'm pretty sure that's how it works Andy, or a variation of that. It was being explained to me as my car was on the block and I was so friggn nervous I wasn't really paying attention. I'm almost positive that's how they're compinsated (along with your consignment fee) if you choose not to sell.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Barrett Jackson put in reserve bidding very recently. It might have been a year ago in Scottsdale but it was definitely within the last year. The reserve cars are top of the line. You're not going to get reserve on a 73 Chevelle on Tuesday. Most of them are the "prime time" cars on Friday and Saturday.

I bought my Cobra at BJ the day we sold our Shelby Mustang and I think I got a fair deal on it. I'd set a limit and someone out bid me. Then that person said it was a false bid so it came back to me. I had the option to back out - I'd actually walked away and the bidder's assistant came to me and said that I still was in the hunt. Spanky looked and asked me directly if I wanted to continue and I gave him a "thumbs up" and got it.

I don't know how the reserve system works. Normal sale commissions are 8% to the seller and 10% to the buyer. I'll guarantee if the car is a reserve no sale that the seller still owes some commission but don't know what it is. It might even be the full 8%. That is the "after the block" deal. And the seller has the option of dropping the reserve if it is close.