Coral Gables
I think it was red. Where does that put GT pricing now? :confused

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Barrett...

The red GT was a pre-recall, no stripes car that did not have the wheel upgrade. The seller's net was around msrp for this car. The buyer paid in the neighborhood of 25,000 over msrp.

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
centerpunch said:
It looks like buyer pays 8% premium, AND the seller pays 8% commission.

That means that the car was auctioned for $160,000, but the buyer pays $172,800, and the seller only receives $147,200.

Absolutely correct plus deduct whatever it cost to ship the car to Arizona. But at the end of the day everyone wills ay it sold for $ 172,800 or $ 160,00o and will have no effect anywhere else. This is a one off special phenomenon.

BTW if memory serves me correctly last year one went for $ 315,00 plus premiums.

And yes BJ makes a ton of money 16% on the selling price of each car, so if they sell $ 50,000,000 they get $ 8,000,000 plus $ 500 x 5,000 (Registered buyers) or another $ 2,500,000 plus $ 350 x 10,000 (registers guests) or $ 3,500,000 for a sub-total of $ 10,000,000 +++ add sponsors money, advertising,m television money, etc they have done very, very well for a one week event.

50 BMG

Aug 3, 2005
AZ
You forgot $300+ for bidder registrations, 20 dollar PP admission fees, over $5000 for the "entry level" booth, among many others.

BJ just rakes in the $$$. I often wonder what the city of Scottsdale gets in out of state revenue from this event...

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
50 BMG said:
You forgot $300+ for bidder registrations, 20 dollar PP admission fees, over $5000 for the "entry level" booth, among many others.

BJ just rakes in the $$$. I often wonder what the city of Scottsdale gets in out of state revenue from this event...

I called them registered buyers instead of bidders, please re-read my post.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
50 BMG said:

Buyer reg. is $350. If the car leaves on an ICC hauler out of the state of Arizona then Scottsdale and Arizona do not collect city/state tax. If it is driven out or goes on a trailer the buyer must pay city/state tax. B-J brings in 250,000 people, the vendors all charge city tax (there were 400 this year).
The city paid to upgrade the property and owns the tents and building on the site.

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
BJ Entrance Fees

Their fees were variable. They did have a "family" day where entrance was $5.00. They also had some cheaper entries. But, when I went Friday, it was $40.00 each for myself and an older child, and $20.00 each for the younger children. WOW. We turned around and went home.

50 BMG

Aug 3, 2005
AZ
bony said:
Buyer reg. is $350. If the car leaves on an ICC hauler out of the state of Arizona then Scottsdale and Arizona do not collect city/state tax. If it is driven out or goes on a trailer the buyer must pay city/state tax. B-J brings in 250,000 people, the vendors all charge city tax (there were 400 this year).
The city paid to upgrade the property and owns the tents and building on the site.

Crazy, the more info the merrier...

AZGT said:
They did have a "family" day where entrance was $5.00.

Ya thats the day I went down and took pics of the GTX1 headers. It was worth the 5 bucks. No way was I going to pay a Jackson or more to get in there.

Although I must say, it's been a few years since I went to BJ and the new layout is great. Annoyance defined was the clusterf**k of people that hung around the staging areas in the past years.

Last edited:

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
AZGT said:
Their fees were variable. They did have a "family" day where entrance was $5.00. They also had some cheaper entries. But, when I went Friday, it was $40.00 each for myself and an older child, and $20.00 each for the younger children. WOW. We turned around and went home.

After 4pm or 5pm the fee for nonbidders was $5 per person.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Seems like people on the various forums are upset with B-J, why? They simply produce a forum for buyers and sellers to meet and create lots of excitement.

Funny the 70 Baracuda Hemi Race Car from Russo & Steele went for $2.2million and did not have the great Sox & Martin name and history. Look what the Sox car went for at B-J. Meanwhile there were many good buys at B-J, the real FORD GT MK II went for only $360k which is the top of non race history CSX 2000 Cobra land. I watched Paul Everet's Hollywood (same owner as Cord) go across mid Saturday afternoon on Speed after being displayed inside for $50k, a bloody steal, but only one buyer in the house wanted it.

Most of the buyers are very affluent and I doubt there is a lot of buyer's remorse going on today. If you can't play with the big dogs stay on the porch.

4ord GT

GT Owner
Oct 22, 2005
No. Va.
The multi-millionaires forking out $1,150,000 for the Ray Allen LS-6 Chevelle still leaves me befuddled. I have a whole new pep in my step when I am working on my LS-6.

50 BMG

Aug 3, 2005
AZ
bony said:
Meanwhile there were many good buys at B-J, the real FORD GT MK II went for only $360k.

It wasn't a MK 2 it was a safir car. An 427 MK 2 would have hit at least 2 million...

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/auctionresults/common/collector.asp

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/even...akelistnb.asp?auctionid=53&makeid=1826&page=3

I doubt the owner is complaining he got 360K for a Mark V...

Running Man said:
The multi-millionaires forking out $1,150,000 for the Ray Allen LS-6 Chevelle still leaves me befuddled. I have a whole new pep in my step when I am working on my LS-6.

That car was a steal at that price IMO, it's only going to go up. Last I heard Charlie Sheen owns one of the other ones.

Seeing how there is only 3 of them, IMO the car is way under valued compared to say...a 70 or 71 Hemi cuda. Guess it ain't the real hot commodity as it's lacking that 4 letter word on the side (HEMI) :lol

In other news, I can't believe how cheap the 69 daytonas went for...

Last edited:

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
50 BMG said:
It wasn't a MK 2 it was a safir car. An 427 MK 2 would have hit at least 2 million...

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/auctionresults/common/collector.asp

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/even...akelistnb.asp?auctionid=53&makeid=1826&page=3

I doubt the owner is complaining he got 360K for a Mark V...

That car was a steal at that price IMO, it's only going to go up. Last I heard Charlie Sheen owns one of the other ones.

Seeing how there is only 3 of them, IMO the car is way under valued compared to say...a 70 or 71 Hemi cuda. Guess it ain't the real hot commodity as it's lacking that 4 letter word on the side (HEMI) :lol

In other news, I can't believe how cheap the 69 daytonas went for...

opps, I am having a bad day, your correct it is a Mark V. At 'another GT' site there has been quite a discussion about this car. Here is what the owner posted. I must agree with him.
Quote:
Guys this is my car it is P1096, it was built in September of 85, changed from white with blue stripes to black before delivery to the original purchaser. The car is in the Shelby registry nothing to hide here. They are the original tires and in 1985 they were B F Goodrich T/A, it is a MKV, it was titled and is still tilted as a 67 and that happened for a number of reasons none of which I understand other than the J W Automotive vin plate attached to the car carries the number P1096 and it could not be titled in 1985 with a 5 digit vin code. JW Automotive was the constructor of P1075 and many other small block cars, they were the licensed owner of the name GT40 and the reason the new GT does not carry the name GT40. The car will bring whatever it brings, I had several offers on the car and decided if I am going to sell it I have the right to get all I can, we still live in a free enterprise world and I am not ashamed of what this car is, I will tell anyone that asks. With that said I have tried to get the nomenclature corrected through Barrett-Jackson they have trouble with descriptions of anything they are not car guys. Technically the car is already sold, we’ll see if it does better than the guarantee I have, with that said I do not have much more to offer. Even Ronnie Spain well known GT40 historian has blessed these cars as authentic GT40’s, to my knowledge none of the kits have received that blessing and none of the kits carry an authorized vin derivative from the original grouping of assigned numbers, yes it is a MK V and I have told them that repeatedly. What do you guys think it will sell for?
end quote

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
B-J does not make the market, what happened there last week was last week.
Next week Kruse has a clean up auction at PIR in Goodyear, and from what I hear Silver's sale produced market correct results.

As much as I would like to think the toys in the garage are worth much more than a week ago, I won't fool myself.

isaakgt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Wilder, Idaho
Does anyone know the story on the '68 GT500KR that sold for $432,000? What makes this car so special? I'm glad you guys talked me into keeping mine. Regards, Tony

teflon

Nov 11, 2005
bony said:
QUOTE:
...JW Automotive was the constructor of P1075 and many other small block cars, they were the licensed owner of the name GT40 and the reason the new GT does not carry the name GT40...

Then what does Safir GT40 Spares, Ltd. control? How Ford's GT40 became just the GT; automaker shifts gears on name after negotiations stall

Greg A

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
teflon said:

I think the best place for this debate is that other GT Forum where the real experts on original cars hang out. They all seem the accept the quote I posted above. They seem to think the price sold at B-J was pretty much market correct.

teflon

Nov 11, 2005
bony,

What debate? I have no opinion at all about the price of that car. I was only asking about the rights to the name GT40.

centerpunch,

Thank you.

Greg A

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
teflon said:
bony,

What debate? I have no opinion at all about the price of that car. I was only asking about the rights to the name GT40.

centerpunch,

Thank you.

Greg A

My intentions are to suggest that the real experts on the original GT's are on another site. Sorry if you misunderstood my drift. :wink