Barrett Jackson result

teflon

Nov 11, 2005
bony said:
My intentions are to suggest that the real experts on the original GT's are on another site. Sorry if you misunderstood my drift. :wink

Gotcha. :thumbsup

Greg A

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Many have been talking about the prices at B-J, I have mentioned that a couple of miles away Russo and Steele conducted a sale with market correct prices. The quality of cars at R&S was equal to B-J, maybe a tad better.

No reason to get out of muscle cars, I was closing a deal on a BB Marina Blue w/ white leather, headrests. p/antenna, am/fm, p/w.p/b, knock offs, off road exhaust '67 Vette Coupe that was claimed to be numbers matching and after checking they are not, kicked it to the curb in #2- condition at $68K, not worth even that price. Look at this link:

All results include 10% buyer's premium
Partial results available at:
www.russoandsteele.com

I also have in pdf format the Gooding sale in Palm Springs, the complete results of RM Phoenix, and B-J's. If anyone wants these results send me an
email at BONYHADI@GMAIL.COM and I will return the message with the results.

What do you folks think?

Last edited:

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
I believe that there were actually five (5) auction firms operating last week-end in Arizona.

BJ is still the best place to sell not necessarily buy if you have a pristine, very well documented car. They get the largest crowds and know how to build excitement.

However, they too get taken by bad cars and also cannot find enough great cars to fill their total auction. So its always buyer beware.

Dave

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Dave, right on. Each auction company does have it's merrits.

B-J does well on American muscle, rods from the seller's standpoint. But there are many cars that sell below market. They may run early or late, or on Tuesday and Wednesday. As a no reserve auction the seller can get hurt.

Of course the buyer better know what he is doing. Can't test drive the car.
Today there are more matching number 435hp '67 Vettes than where ever made. Careful folks.

ICA does nothing well from my standpoint.

KRUSE is big, poorly ran, sloppy, will say anything from the block. Again my second to the last place to buy or sell.

R-M, great for classic European sports cars and great old prewar American iron.

Silver- solid marketplace for lower to mid price cars. Normally they ran a week before the B-J, Russo & Steele and R-M dates.

Russo & Steele, runs a good muscle, rod, sports car auction. They accept reserves and allow a 5% buy back on no reserve sales.

Frankly, I move slow, never really happy with the cars I have bought at auction.