Barrett Jackson GT dinner in Scottsdale.

PHXGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
I'm in. Let me know how I can help, Chip.

dbtgt

One lucky SOB to own a GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Chip, I'm in for 2 on Wednesday - look forward to seeing you all! :banana Thanks!

Blue Moose

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Chandler,Arizona.
Chip -
We are in for any night, any event - we'll bring the car.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
24 so far...

Two dozen participants have posted so far for our Wed. night GT dinner. PhxGT, would you do me a favor? Please invite Harley Cluxton Sr. and Jr. to the dinner as my guests. They don't have to drive Gulf GT #1075 to Don & Charlie's but that would be a PLUS!! Cluxton Jr. is going up to fly some aerobatics in my Glasair III and I'll try to get that done before the dinner, should make for a good story. Here's the list.

1. Bony-2
2. ChipBeck-4
3. BlueMoose-2
4. DBTGT-2
5. PhxGT-2
6. ThamonGT-2
7. FloridaChris-2
8. 50BMG-2
9. Tungsten-2
10. Piccola-1
11. Jasper-1
12. GordonWolf-2

:cheers :cheers :cheers

gtkurt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 25, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Chip,
I just met you at the Pavillions car show last Saturday. I have the blue/white GT. Sign me up for 2. Bony, any chance of getting you out to our local track to run your Whipple GT? I would be happy to install my drag radials for you if you are interested. I guess I will always be 1/4 mile white trash at heart. I can't wait to see what these cars can do with over 700RWHP. 11.64@121.79 so far for me. Chip, thanks for putting the dinner together. Kurt

PHXGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
I'll contact Harley.

50 BMG

Aug 3, 2005
AZ
Chip,

I'm not confirmed yet. It will be a few weeks before I can confirm it; will post back then.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
TRBOKLR said:
Chip,
I just met you at the Pavillions car show last Saturday. I have the blue/white GT. Sign me up for 2. Bony, any chance of getting you out to our local track to run your Whipple GT? I would be happy to install my drag radials for you if you are interested. I guess I will always be 1/4 mile white trash at heart. I can't wait to see what these cars can do with over 700RWHP. 11.64@121.79 so far for me. Chip, thanks for putting the dinner together. Kurt

Greetings,
I will not be bringing the GT to Arizona.
Sorry.
Cheers, daniel

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Adjusted list

Twentyseven participants have posted so far for our Wed. night GT dinner. PhxGT, would you do me a favor? Please invite Harley Cluxton Sr. and Jr. to the dinner as my guests. They don't have to drive Gulf GT #1075 to Don & Charlie's but that would be a PLUS!! Cluxton Jr. is going up to fly some aerobatics in my Glasair III and I'll try to get that done before the dinner, should make for a good story. Here's the list.

1. Bony-2
2. ChipBeck-4
3. BlueMoose-3
4. DBTGT-2
5. PhxGT-2
6. ThamonGT-2
7. FloridaChris-1
8. AZGT-2
9. Tungsten-2
10. Piccola-1
11. Jasper-1
12. GordonWolf-2
13. TrboKlr-2
14. Kirby Vieira-1

:cheers :cheers :cheers

Last edited:

Blue Moose

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Chandler,Arizona.
Chip -
pls add one more for Blue Moose - total 3 - my sister will be coming as well.
Mrs. Moose

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
I'll be there, solo for the time being.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
27 and counting.

Chip -
pls add one more for Blue Moose - total 3 - my sister will be coming as well.
Mrs. Moose
Super,
We'll loan her to Kirby for the night as he's solo.:banana :banana

Chip

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
Cluxton Jr. is going up to fly some aerobatics in my Glasair III and I'll try to get that done before the dinner, should make for a good story.

Let's see, aerobatics before or after a dinner. Hum.......clean up or no clean up. Think I'd do it before.

No charge for words of wisdom :thumbsup

Looking forward. Let me know if you want me to do anything.

fast eddie

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2006
phoenix, az
My wife and I plan to attend, Wednesday, Thursday or both!

lthlvpr

GT Owner
Mar 8, 2006
Ok...I am in for Wednesday night. Unfortunately I will be GT-less. I was hoping to ship it down but not going to work this time around. OK...who's looking for someone to ride shot-gun to dinner?

PHXGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
I talked to both Harley and his son, Harley IV. They both have our Wed. night dinner on their calendar. Once we know the time, I'll let them know. On a side note, Harley has his supercharged Cobra (one of two) ready for the Barrett-Jackson auction. You can see his car on the BJ web site. Should be a fun week.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Lots of difference between Harley's Cobra and the one at R&S which is a car that was 100% reconstructed from a wreck and the vin plate moved over. No comparison for a purist collector.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
32 and counting...

For attendees not familiar with Harley Cluxton, he's a most fascinating guy. He has owned, driven, bought, and sold more original GT40's than anyone else (probably 20+% of the total built). A top level driver back in the day and active in vintage racing today. Harley pioneered the business of buying and selling vintage race cars (including GT40 #1075). He was for years the Ferrari dealer in Scottsdale. It's going to be a great night.:cheers :banana

Chip

Here's the updated list.

1. Bony-2
2. ChipBeck-4
3. BlueMoose-3
4. DBTGT-2
5. PhxGT-2
6. ThamonGT-2
7. FloridaChris-1
8. AZGT-2
9. Tungsten-2
10. Piccola-1
11. Jasper-1
12. GordonWolf-2
13. TrboKlr-2
14. Kirby Vieira-1
15. Ithlvpr-1
16. Fast Eddie-2
17. Harley Cluxton, III
18. Harley Cluxton, IV

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
Dinner

Chip,

Please count me in for 1.

Yogi

Photographer
Aug 28, 2006
Green Bay, WI
Chip,
Could you count three of us in on the dinner?

Mark Gerisch
Jen Sadorff
Robb "Yogi" Ekberg

Thanks
Yogi