Barrett in general

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Is it me? or was there nothing that exciting this time? fell a sleep many a time....I think my new avatar is more exciting!!!!:biggringet ready gt 2009 will be more fun than this auction.....gtjoey 1314 p.s. the shelby ford went for squat.....

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
B-J is best experienced in person. this is my 4th year in a row. it just keeps getting better for me......

t32b

Verde
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 21, 2007
Bay Area, CA
First time there. It was even bigger than I expected. As a rookie, it seemed, not surprisingly, like a buyers market. Especially for anything foreign. I really liked that (Seinfeld) Porsche Speedster. Too bad I didn't sign up as a bidder. Tough seating and hard to get a good look at the action on stage. I'll be better prepared the next time.
For those interested, here's some (unfiltered/unedited) photos:
http://richgreen.smugmug.com/gallery/7125040_UGjfv#456942233_jX8DE

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I've been to Barrett 3 times. I've bought 3 cars there and sold 1. I've skipped the last two years but will probably go back again next year. My family has always enjoyed the experience.

Mad Max

Apr 7, 2006
SE Michigan
B-J is best experienced in person.

Yes, I whole heartedly agree:banana

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Each auction has it's own personalty. B-J has become a huge lifestyle event for gearheads. Russo is an auction in the round closed to the public, and Gooding has equaled RM as the spot for classic machines with limited American muscle.

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
:agree:
Each auction has it's own personalty. B-J has become a huge lifestyle event for gearheads. Russo is an auction in the round closed to the public, and Gooding has equaled RM as the spot for classic machines with limited American muscle.

mardyn

GT Owner
Dec 20, 2005
Beautiful East Texas
I predict the Reggie Jackson/green ZL1 Camaro will be this year's BJ scamola... 16 pages of comments (including some from one of the former owners) regarding the "trumped up" status of this particular car.

Any way, I enjoyed watching the auction this year again.

Would love to attend in person at some point.

mardyn

Carnut

FORD GT OWNER
Jan 19, 2008
Phoenix, Arizona
I went for two days. It was a lot of fun, saw some cars that really lit my fire including the 64 Galaxie with the SOHC motor. :biggrin