AUX on Standard Sound?

Townshend

GT Owner
May 22, 2006
Hello - Looks like I may get a chance to do an order for my GT.

I have read all about the ugly subwoofer, and really would like to not see it.

That said, I do want to hook up my iPod via an AUX input. Does anyone know if the standard system has AUX?

I really do not want to have aftermarket stuff put in the car, and love the clean AUX Mac solution. I just do not like the sub.

Thanks in advance!

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
AUX input,

Townshend said:
Hello - Looks like I may get a chance to do an order for my GT.

I have read all about the ugly subwoofer, and really would like to not see it.

That said, I do want to hook up my iPod via an AUX input. Does anyone know if the standard system has AUX?

I really do not want to have aftermarket stuff put in the car, and love the clean AUX Mac solution. I just do not like the sub.

Thanks in advance!
Townshend,

There is a AUX connector pair hanging out the rear of the radio, however, you will probably have to slide the radio out to access them.

Also, I will be offering a Subwoofer removal kit. The outer bezel panel is being machined right now. Will have images soon,

Jay
www.gtsaver.com

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5346&postcount=1

Last edited:

Townshend

GT Owner
May 22, 2006
Analogdesigner,

Thanks for the post - Glad to hear that both the Standard and the Mac have the AUX connectors. I was worried I would have to get a new head unit ASAP.

Pulling the radio and hooking it a couple of RCAs is well in my comfort zone.

Thanks again!

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Uhhhh... I don't think the standard radio has the aux-in. I just went out and looked at mine and see no provision to invoke an aux input-mode.

On the positive side, you can choose any aftermarket DIN-size radio and I'm sure it will slip right in.

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
McIntosh unit

nota4re said:
Uhhhh... I don't think the standard radio has the aux-in. I just went out and looked at mine and see no provision to invoke an aux input-mode.

On the positive side, you can choose any aftermarket DIN-size radio and I'm sure it will slip right in.
WHOOPS!

My info was for the McIntosh unit! Sorry about that...

Jay

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Jay - we all know your building "the finishing touches" for the GT. Many of us wait for the posting. For Fathers Day I asked for:
1.) New shift ball
2.) "Hoops" for the intake
3.) Magnetic plugs for next oil change
4.) Cooling covers for copper tubes in passenger wheel floor space
5.) Mac Spekaer delete option utilizing as much as possible of the sub system or use of existing Mac radio with the "clear cover"
6.) and.........THE INFAMOUS REAR COMPARTMENT LIGHT!

I already have your "jack pads" and they saved my car in "Bubba land...."

Trust me. Post them I will buy them all!

Mike

Townshend

GT Owner
May 22, 2006
Whooops =)

It's all good - thanks for the update.