Ask the GT DOC

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
110 pound seat cover

The fastest is the one with the most babes :wink in the seat on the right!!:biggrin

rfPvEsFQ.jpeg

tunedup2aGT

Oct 27, 2006
Michigan

NOW THAT IS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!!:cheers :thumbsup :biggrin :bow

jasper

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 17, 2006
australia/ 51st state
NOW THAT IS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!!:cheers :thumbsup :biggrin :bow

yeah but she used to work at maccas in oz:willy

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
105 Pounds !

me TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:thumbsup secretary.jpeg

tunedup2aGT

Oct 27, 2006
Michigan
me TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:thumbsup View attachment 1544

IS SHE YOURS????:confused :biggrin :wink

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
I just got a dime-sized "star" in my windshield from a rock on PCH. :bang :bang :bang

I've already PM'd two other members who needed windshield work and hope to hear back from them, but any additional advice is welcome.

I already know the entire front of the car basically has to come off, and while the glass only costs around $700 the labor can take the total bill to over $2K.

Anything else I should know? Any suggestions on shops (dealer or body shop or specialized glass place...)?

Thanks!

Last edited:

rmartin175

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 15, 2006
Delaplane, Virginia
I just got a dime-sized "star" in my windshield from a rock on PCH. :bang :bang :bang

I've already PM'd two other members who needed windshield work and hope to hear back from them, but any additional advice is welcome.

I already know the entire front of the car basically has to come off, and while the glass only costs around $700 the labor can take the total bill to over $2K.

Anything else I should now. Any suggestions on shops (dealer or body shop or specialized glass place...)?

Thanks!

I recommended a friend of mine who had the same problem just bite the dust and ship the car to SSV for repairs. I understand that was done and his car is back in Virginia. Jamie Furman, of this site, is the fellow you would want to query. The POC at Saleen is Marc Steppey, msteppey@saleen.com. No adverstisement here, but they really did a great job on my 05 Silver/Black GT when I had to have some repairs to the paint. You're going to spend the money anyway, and you may want to have the guys who built the car for you fix it. Good luck.

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
I recommended a friend of mine who had the same problem just bite the dust and ship the car to SSV for repairs. I understand that was done and his car is back in Virginia. Jamie Furman, of this site, is the fellow you would want to query. The POC at Saleen is Marc Steppey, msteppey@saleen.com. No adverstisement here, but they really did a great job on my 05 Silver/Black GT when I had to have some repairs to the paint. You're going to spend the money anyway, and you may want to have the guys who built the car for you fix it. Good luck.

+1! Saleen did some warranty and aftermarket work for me this month. They know the car, they're good, they're fast, and they treat the car like it's their own. The downside is, like Rich said, you gotta get the car to them. Small price to pay unless someone like the GT Guys, Kendall (nota4re), or someone else who REALLY knows the car is available. And if the job is as involved as you say, which I've heard before, even more reason to send it to the builders.

tunedup2aGT

Oct 27, 2006
Michigan
I recommended a friend of mine who had the same problem just bite the dust and ship the car to SSV for repairs. I understand that was done and his car is back in Virginia. Jamie Furman, of this site, is the fellow you would want to query. The POC at Saleen is Marc Steppey, msteppey@saleen.com. No advertisement here, but they really did a great job on my 05 Silver/Black GT when I had to have some repairs to the paint. You're going to spend the money anyway, and you may want to have the guys who built the car for you fix it. Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENZO BTR
I just got a dime-sized "star" in my windshield from a rock on PCH.

Anything else I should now. Any suggestions on shops (dealer or body shop or specialized glass place...)?

Thanks!

I agree the guys at SSV can do a great job. the repair is very involved and paint damage can occur. They can repair any damage and any paint issues you may have. I also recommend calling Marc Steppy. Another idea is repair of the chip for the interm if you wish to drive for a while prior to repair.

Last edited:

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
IS SHE YOURS????:confused :biggrin :wink

I have 4 daughters :eek
and 1 GT:banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana

tunedup2aGT

Oct 27, 2006
Michigan
And you had enough money left to buy a GT? lol. If thats your daughter you must be proud and have the shot gun ready.