Artwork...

mardyn

GT Owner
Dec 20, 2005
Beautiful East Texas
Old news, I know.... just bare with me.

So, this afternoon, I'm all hunkered down under the rear clam shell of my GT, removing the half shaft bolts to complete the drive flange bolt update.

As I'm attempting to remove the necessary hardware, I'm simply mesmerized by the outstanding quality of fabrication and and general aesthetics of the exhaust system that Chad Ernst built for me back in August '06.

I knew this piece was cool when I got it, it's now been on the car for about 2000 miles and is starting to color up nicely, looks great, sound is just about right, and it has been a very pleasing addition to my car.

GTexhaust3-31-08001.jpg

I've seen no other GT exhaust system that I like better. [edit] well, maybe one with a couple turbos attached would be better... [edit]

Half shaft reassembly starts tomorrow morning.

mardyn

Last edited:

Jason's Auto Spa

May 22, 2007
IL & AZ
That looks very nice and well crafted :thumbsup

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
That is a really nice looking system. Thanks for the pix

Heffner Performance

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Feb 22, 2006
Nice system. The welds are just perfect.

Quickdraw

pit crew chief
Dec 28, 2006
Nice system. The welds are just perfect.

That was exactly my thought about the welds... they couldn't have been done manually could they- more likely a robot?

JCE-GT

GT Owner
Nov 22, 2006
Mission Viejo, CA
Those welds look like they could have only have come from the experienced hand of a great TIG man, no robot to be sure.:wink

JCE-GT (Tungsten - 0187)

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
The pipe looks great!! Two questions:
1) Is that an active cross over or just a center support between the pipes ?
2) Is there any provisions for expansion? The SS piping on the GT grows a fair amount . The Stock exhaust support bracket has a very good spring bow design. Solid mounting the pipe will result in some fatiguing at some point. I can't tell from the photo if he's got something where it mounts?

Great work ! ( from an experienced TIG welder!! )

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
nice..

mardyn

GT Owner
Dec 20, 2005
Beautiful East Texas
Thanks for all the positive replies...

'cat, yes, the cross over is active and also has some additional baffling to help with noise control. (one of my BIG concerns was I didn't want it too loud)
The bottom mount uses the stock bracket off the back of the transaxle and has provisions to allow for expansion. (I'll post up another pic from the bottom side once I get back to work on it... weather is kinda' cool here today, so I'm working on my taxes)

I've been very pleased with it so far.

mardyn

Last edited:

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
:thumbsup:thumbsup

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
VERY impressive indeed, right down to the sano Allen/buttonhead mounting bolts.:thumbsup