Are there any cars better looking than a GT?

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I can't say that for most other classics.

Cobra has also stood the test of time.

GT35065

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Took the words right out of my mouth. I was just about to say that the AC Cobras are for me, a timeless body style. I can sit and stare at my Superformance almost as long as my GT. They have the same type of really pronounced rear "haunches" with a wide a** end.

gtforme

GT Owner
Apr 12, 2009
I have my GT parked right beside my Superformace cobra in one garage and it is hard to say which one I like to look at more , as noted they both have timeless lines

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
Cobra has also stood the test of time.
Yes indeed it has - and it's why I said "most", not all! Cobra is still one sexy beast!

GT1261

GT Owner
May 28, 2012
]Jaguar E-Type Low Drag CUT-7 car is and always be a dream car.
The shapes and just the fact that it is so rare that its probably easier to find Bin Ladins body in the ocean then see them on the roads makes it so special.

Low drag.jpg

Alfa Romeo GTA 1300 Junior Autodelta ( I have one )

873515.jpg

Attachments

• 873515.jpg
    873515.jpg
    318.4 KB · Views: 302
Last edited:

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Gentlemen,

I had and sold a beautiful Cobra. I always thought it was killer good looking until it was parked next to my GT. Then it looked a bit plain. The Ford GT, especially as Camilo designed it without the rear bumper, is the best looking car that has ever been built. Better even than the originals as the the few rough areas on the 60's cars have been cleaned up. There is one other vehicle that is as beautiful from any angle that has also stood the test of time and that's the North American Aviation P-51D Mustang fighter.

Chip

Attachments

• p51d.jpg
    p51d.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 207
Last edited:

w. mitty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 1, 2005
Isn't it interesting how your view of a car changes as you see it on the road from the seat of another car, as opposed to seeing it sitting there in the garage? I have always found this to be fascinating.

I had the GT out with the 458 on Saturday, my daughter driving the 458 and me in the GT. When we got out, her first statement was that the GT looked incredible on the road. I commented that the 458 was no slouch.

We parked them next to each other, and the differences between the two cars was striking. GT is lower, and looks it. 458 super sculpted; I don't think there is a horizontal surface anywhere on the car. 458 looked like the "bigger" car.

Another car that is just flat beautiful from all angles, maybe one of the most beautiful cars of all time, is the Aston Martin Vantage V8. Awesome car.

The GT still looks current. I wonder how well the 458 will hold up? Remember how cool the Testarossa was when it first came out? Now it looks almost comical.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Another car that is just flat beautiful from all angles, maybe one of the most beautiful cars of all time, is the Aston Martin Vantage V8.

'Couldn't agree more. Its only drawback is the same as the rest of the A/Ms ...it's under powered.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
'Couldn't agree more. Its only drawback is the same as the rest of the A/Ms ...it's under powered.

You would only know that if you actually drove it.

txviper

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 31, 2007
Chip, it was good meeting you yesterday. Wish I could have made it earlier when you were doing stunts in the plane!!

Gentlemen,

I had and sold a beautiful Cobra. I always thought it was killer good looking until it was parked next to my GT. Then it looked a bit plain. The Ford GT, especially as Camilo designed it without the rear bumper, is the best looking car that has ever been built. Better even than the originals as the the few rough areas on the 60's cars have been cleaned up. There is one other vehicle that is as beautiful from any angle that has also stood the test of time and that's the North American Aviation P-51D Mustang fighter.

Chip

txviper

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 31, 2007
This is very true, It looked almost totally different going down the road than it does sitting in the garage.

Isn't it interesting how your view of a car changes as you see it on the road from the seat of another car, as opposed to seeing it sitting there in the garage? I have always found this to be fascinating.

I had the GT out with the 458 on Saturday, my daughter driving the 458 and me in the GT. When we got out, her first statement was that the GT looked incredible on the road. I commented that the 458 was no slouch.

We parked them next to each other, and the differences between the two cars was striking. GT is lower, and looks it. 458 super sculpted; I don't think there is a horizontal surface anywhere on the car. 458 looked like the "bigger" car.

Another car that is just flat beautiful from all angles, maybe one of the most beautiful cars of all time, is the Aston Martin Vantage V8. Awesome car.

The GT still looks current. I wonder how well the 458 will hold up? Remember how cool the Testarossa was when it first came out? Now it looks almost comical.

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
+1 as to the Cobra. My black 427 Shelby is one of the few cars that has the same mojo as the GT IMHO.

Another is the Lambo Miura.

But the list of cars that can match the GT in looks and timeless character is a very short list. Very short.

Last edited:

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Couldn't agree with you more. I have some nice side by side shots in this thread:

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?24972-Ford-GT-and-Ferrari-458-playmates

(w.mitty - of course my comparison of the cars is not as eloquently written as your typical review)

Wwabbit

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, TN
And one of my favorites; the view of my car from the eyes in the side view mirror of that car I am about to pass.

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
Yeah, while I consider my 458 a work of art, the GT is timeless. Historically I think the E type is neck and neck . The. BMW 507 there also. Love the Miura but think they were looking hard at the GT 40.

Was behind an Aventator recently and while stunning from the rear, not so much from the side and front. Only other rear shot I like (hold the jokes) is my 92 Viper (and not my 2010 Viper)

tmctguer

GT Owner
Jan 11, 2010
dana point, CA
Mercedes 300 SL Gullwing (iconic, timeless, blue chip classic)
Jaguar D Type (so few of them and so wild looking)
Jaguar XK-SS (cool enough for Mr. McQueen)
Ferrari 250 Lusso (class, speed, italian flair)
Bugatti T57SC Atlantic (art deco styling)
Lamborghini Muira (already mentioned by someone)
1937 Mercedes-Benz 540 K Spezial Roadster (i saw one for sale at RM Auctions Monterrey last year -- one of the most beautiful car's i've ever seen)

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Some of my favorites

1937 Mercedes-Benz 540 K Spezial Roadster (i saw one for sale at RM Auctions Monterrey last year -- one of the most beautiful car's i've ever seen)

otis

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 13, 2011
Stillwater, MN

Great list I'd add a 30's Auburn boattail speedster to the short list

Rob

campgreenlake

GT Owner
Sep 10, 2007
Florida
The Ford GT is number one on my list as well but I think the Jaguar XJ13 is in solid 2nd place.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime

Agreed, especially the V-12 Variant.

One of the 2 masterpieces drawn by Henrik Fisker. The other being the Z8, also in the runner up category.