Are 250 applicants priority wait listed for year 3 production?

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
I know the latest press release states that priority wait listed applicant's orders will be filled in year 3, but is that number 250? Is there any hard stats confirming the number of wait listed applicants? Could it be less, making cars available for some deferred applicants either in year 3 or 4?
Please opine...

Kevin

Nafod

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
My though also. I seem to remember that it was said the wait list was a small group. One can only hope :)

JOEA2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 16, 2007
STATEN ISLAND,NY/SEA GIRT,NJ
I assume that not all 500 accepted applicants will be taking the cars? Cash, circumstances,wife, etc.

Joe

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
If I remember correctly the forum folks who responded to the poll as being accepted were ~2x those who reported waitlisted. As a small data pt that would suggest 250.

HOOKED ON GT

GT Owner
Oct 26, 2006
Orlando & Australia
I was lucky enough to get in the additional 2 years added production run group.

No clue how the initial 500 will roll out (they say 2 years) so will the total production touch 1,000 when finally done?
They mentioned in the email on 19th August at the bottom "Please look for additional details in the upcoming weeks" and to email them for more info customer@fordgtconcierge.com

Stuart A

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
I always thought at least 1000 cars were likely because the prototype car had 0001 on the dash. Maybe I was over analyzing, but info was and is scarce.
My guess for the priority wait listed customers was 100 applicants (20%). Assuming an attrition rate of no more than 10%, that would have seemed most likely. However, if Ford planned to extend the run all along, then 50% could be plausible.

vyprgt2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2005
CA
I always thought at least 1000 cars were likely because the prototype car had 0001 on the dash>>>>

good thought!

<<My guess for the priority wait listed customers was 100 applicants (20%).>> Assuming an attrition rate of no more than 10%, that would have seemed most likely. >>

Have heard this guesstimate several times- if 50 -75 didn't accept the first 500 offer, that would be more than enough waitlisters

HOOKED ON GT

GT Owner
Oct 26, 2006
Orlando & Australia
I hope they fill in all the gaps in whats actually going to happen n numbers over what time period.
SA

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
The entirety of year 3 production was filled by the waitlist. If you got the waitlist letter, it was you and 249 other people, and you should have subsequently received the acceptance letter for model year 3.

So, based on all the various factors, there will definitely be people who got the deferral letter that will wind up with cars in the third model year. Not to be morbid, but the grim reaper alone is going to eliminate a number of people over the next 36 months.

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
The entirety of year 3 production was filled by the waitlist. If you got the waitlist letter, it was you and 249 other people, and you should have subsequently received the acceptance letter for model year 3.

So, based on all the various factors, there will definitely be people who got the deferral letter that will wind up with cars in the third model year. Not to be morbid, but the grim reaper alone is going to eliminate a number of people over the next 36 months.
Does that mean there's a price on my head, and somewhere there is a NFGT hit squad roaming around America with a list of names?

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Not to be morbid, but the grim reaper alone is going to eliminate a number of people over the next 36 months.
CRAP !! Another thing to worry about.:eek

Does that mean there's a price on my head, and somewhere there is a NFGT hit squad roaming around America with a list of names?
They’ll never take me alive.:cool

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007

then the allocation should be included in the will!

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Not to be morbid, but the grim reaper alone is going to eliminate a number of people over the next 36 months.

That's one list I don't care to be on!

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
We're all "Wait Listed" on that one!

Howard

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX

I ain't fearin' no stinkin' reaper...

Attachments

• e95c8b677d471b29a7a856f9341b932962b1c025de6fbf3a40a86842ee9e3364.jpg
    e95c8b677d471b29a7a856f9341b932962b1c025de6fbf3a40a86842ee9e3364.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 193

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
We're all "Wait Listed" on that one!

Howard