Arctic White Tesla For Sale

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
Does that mean it's sold?

Can I now start to talk bad about Tesla and the fact that mine is a piece of @%#$ and that Tesla appears to have no intention of fixing it ?

or shall I continue pretending it's a nice product?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Damn Brian. Is that a joke?

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
Nope, over the last few weeks I've grown weary of them not fixing issues, especially the AC. In the heat of FL I can't drive the car to work or for a night out, I'll be covered in sweat.

They just keep telling me there is nothing wrong, it's all normal. I sent a not so nice email to them about an hour ago and they have agreed to pick it up and take it across the state to their shop (a techs garage) to work on it.

I hope to have it back in a couple of weeks, fixed.

Don't anyone order a Tesla, not if you live anywhere that you need AC, I doubt the model S will be any better, and so far customer service is worse than *gasp* Chevrolet (for those that remember my rants about a corvette I had).

I too am ready to sell my Tesla.

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
south FL
Brian
-- No way can you drive a car down here with a crappy air conditioner. Thats unacceptable! I wonder if it's the same as the lotus unit? Lots of people complained about those, although mine always worked real good.

You should have bought a Prius:lol

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Brian
-- No way can you drive a car down here with a crappy air conditioner. Thats unacceptable! I wonder if it's the same as the lotus unit? Lots of people complained about those, although mine always worked real good.

You should have bought a Prius:lol

The a/c in a Prius works well and the after sales support appears to be superior to Tesla.

Mark06GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sorry to hear of your problems SuperB. Keep us (me) informed. :frown

Stewart W

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 12, 2007
Florida
My reason for selling had nothing to do with quality issues.I had a few warranty related items and Tesla did arrange for housecalls and the matters were remedied.I have always had issues with first year releases ..(ie: main seal leak on 2005 GT, transmission on 06 M6,)
As far as the A/C was concerned, I agree it is not adequate for our humid summers. I had the same situation with my Elise but frankly it did not matter as I was driving it for autocross events and weekend top down leisure driving.
I never intended on driving the Tesla regularly...I simply did not like the driving experience..It was a very fast and unique experience , but I missed shifting and (above all) I missed good old exhaust notes..it was just too weird for me. I never got comfortable with it and then again my Rossion Q1 is on its way.I thought about storing the Tesla for "possible appreciation "... but fact is ,I am getting too old to wait for those opportunities..:wink

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Sounds like Jeremy Clarkson was pretty close to being right with his review of the Tesla....

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
It's very fun and very fast, but the issues go beyond first model year, at least for me.

It seems Tesla took the bad customer service from the auto industry and the bug ridden problems from the tech industry and combinded them into a bubble of promises. Well, they are at least nice about not solving my issues, most auto companies are rude and don't solve issues, so that's a plus.

It isn't that my AC does not work well, it's practiacally usesless. If this is the norm, I don't see how anyone in the lower half of the US can drive it on a daily basis, including the new Sedan they are releasing.

I have several other minor issues that they keep saying are normal too, but I won't get in to those.

I doubt I'll own my Tesla long enough to see appreciation. It may have significant value 20 years from now, but I don't think Tesla will be around in 2 years to service it.

Mark06GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
SuperB,

Is your's a 2008 or 2010 model? I've read the AC in the 2010's is a new system.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
It may have significant value 20 years from now, but I don't think Tesla will be around in 2 years to service it.

They recently got an LARGE infusion of CASH! You think they are going to burn through that in less than 2 years?

Last edited:

Stewart W

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 12, 2007
Florida
IMHO..that cash infusion plus the recent partnership forged with Daimler makes them a serious player for years to come.When financial markets are ready I am certain Tesla will be a strong candidate for an IPO..
Elon Musk has used public money many times not to mention has stashed away hundreds of millions for himself in this manner..
I dont see them going away...