AP clutch travel

sevenjo

FORD GT OWNER - NORWAY
Sep 13, 2008
Hi,

I had the AP clutch installed and had some issues with the pedal engaging all the way out. I got some advice in here regarding the two different valves to air the system and the workshop have now bled the system 5 times.

The pedal is slightly better, but still engages far out on the pedal travel. I have less than an inch left of outwards travel when the clutch is all engaged.

Is this normal ? We could find no other adjustment to make it engage further in...

Best regards

Jo

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Did you by chance get their racing clutch? If so, then there's an aluminum piece that needs to be pressed on to the throw-out bearing essentially giving it a longer reach. I'm not fond of this kind of approach, but it sounds like what your problem may be (i.e., the throw-out bearing was NOT modified prior to the re-installation of the trnsaxle.)

sevenjo

FORD GT OWNER - NORWAY
Sep 13, 2008
Did you by chance get their racing clutch? If so, then there's an aluminum piece that needs to be pressed on to the throw-out bearing essentially giving it a longer reach. I'm not fond of this kind of approach, but it sounds like what your problem may be (i.e., the throw-out bearing was NOT modified prior to the re-installation of the trnsaxle.)

we ordered the Stillen/AP street version. Would this also need such a mod ?

kmillen

Jan 29, 2007
I have forwarded your inquiry to my techs to get some clarification.

With that being said, one of the benefits of the clutch is the reduction of the required pedal travel. From the factory these cars require around 3 inches of pedal travel. Our clutch only requires about two inches.

With that being said, I am sure my techs can shine a little light on what is happening.