Anyone take video of the Rally II

jkgt

GT Owner
Jul 16, 2006
Colorado
I saw a few people taking some video of the rally and am wondering if it is going to be available? I am some, but Suzie (my wife) was getting car sick so I dont know how it turned out yet.

Again thanks DBK THE RALLY WAS GREAT....

Joe

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
I have a lot of video, all HD.
I need to find time to go through it, edit it, and put together something better than a bunch of short clips.

Of course I can't create HD-DVD or Blu-Ray Disc, YET, but I do plan to make a good quality DVD out of it.

I am missing some stuff that I'd like to incorporate if anyone has video they can send. I left before the GTX1 smoke show and didn't make it to stillen at all. Anyone have video of that stuff?

I am thinking about puting together the DVD then sending it off for glass mastering rather than just burning DVD-R. Then it could be in a nice case with real graphics and be a real DVD. In order to do glass mastering and true replication, rather than simple DVD-R I'd need to have some company make 1,000. Is there enough interest for something like that, or should I just make a file that can be downloaded and burn your own? They would cost maybe $10-$15 including shipping.

Mr. Genaddi

Permanent Vacation
May 9, 2007
The whole smoke show is on tape, Alex out of Canada has it and will put it on U-Tube after he gets home on the 18th Drifting is a terrible thing to waste:thumbsup

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Here is a little video me and my brother made going thru the mountains.

High Rez (54megs)

Low Rez (14megs)

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
Mr. G I can't use video from YouTube, the quality isn't there. Maybe if I can get the original files I can use it.

Something like Fubar uploaded has enough quality to incorporate, but it's pretty jumpy. I do need video of the mountain rally, anyone else has some video? I can use Fubars if that's ok?

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
It is definitely amateur but you are welcomed to it. I can send you the stuff with the interior audio if it helps your effort.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Here is a little video me and my brother made going thru the mountains.

High Rez (54megs)

Low Rez (14megs)

Good stuff!:thumbsup

Mr. Genaddi

Permanent Vacation
May 9, 2007
I am sure Alex will give you the original to use for the GT rally film you are putting together for the quality if he gets it back right away.:banana

jkgt

GT Owner
Jul 16, 2006
Colorado
SuperB Put me down for 2 please...

joe

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
I took hi-def video of selected parts of the rally on my commercial-quality Sony, but was having too much fun driving to do much "shooting" . I'll sort through and edit for mass-consumption.

Mr. Genaddi

Permanent Vacation
May 9, 2007
Sounds good, I just need to know how many people are putting together DVD's for the group of the 07 Newport rally, so I can get the original footage to them, nobody said just one person had to put the video together on the rally. I for one think it would be very cool to see a number of perspective’s on different parts, like the cars and coffee, mountain run, track events personal interviews the parties and so on, one person could not be at all places at the same time.:willy:willy

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Sounds good, I just need to know how many people are putting together DVD's for the group of the 07 Newport rally, so I can get the original footage to them, nobody said just one person had to put the video together on the rally. I for one think it would be very cool to see a number of perspective’s on different parts, like the cars and coffee, mountain run, track events personal interviews the parties and so on, one person could not be at all places at the same time.:willy:willy

I agree Mark!

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
There doesn't seem to be much intrest in a real DVD so I'll just put something together with a downloadable file so members can burn their own DVD-R. I can certainly still use the video I already mentioned.

For those that didn't see the other thread:

Thanks Dave Video

Rally II primer Video

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
How about a collection of everyones still photos complied on a CD ? Is anyone working on that? I got a good shot of all the cars on the parking garage roof taken from the 9th floor..