Anyone own a Desmo RR

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
Thinking of buying a Desmo RR. Any owners in the forum? Any opinions/insight greatly appreciated.
I know they were rare and crazy $$ when they first came out, but I understand Ducati had difficulties selling them, so I wonder if some are available now on the (relative) cheap.

Gill Jr.

GT Owner
Aug 7, 2007
Orange County, CA
I have heard there are still some new units available. Also heard that they did not make anywhere near the advertised RWHP. Be prepared for crazy expensive maintanance bills. None the less, I would love to have one. Actually, I would love to have two of them... one to ride and one to display. If you get one please post about your riding impression! And be careful out there!

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
I wish I remembered the what show it was but about 2 months ago they had a 1 hour show on TV about them (and other Ducati history).

"I think" the show was called Twist the Throttle

Link I found on the net:

http://dsc.discovery.com/videos/twist-the-throttle-ducati-part-one.html

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
djs,
Ducati Indianapolis website says they still have one available and there is one on ebay with a buy it now of 42k, if you get one let us know !!

Steve

gtinmyblood

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 23, 2007
Mesa Az/Aspen Co
Cantwell's the expert

Talk to Tim Cantwell. He knows Ducati inside and out.

ObeyMyFast!

GT Owner's son
May 5, 2009
San Diego
Post pictures when you get one.

Aug 25, 2006
Roy the owner of Cats Exotic's has access to one also.

IMO it is a mechanical jewel

Shadowman

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
Roy,
Since you have an affinity for Ducati's here is a pic of my Italian beauty,
2008 MV Agusta F4 312R, Only 400 were imported to USA

Attachments

• 312R.jpg
    312R.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 144
Aug 25, 2006
Roy,
Since you have an affinity for Ducati's here is a pic of my Italian beauty,
2008 MV Agusta F4 312R, Only 400 were imported to USA

I like the story behind MV Agusta and this black limited created a couple years ago is simply stunning

Takes care

Shadowman

Attachments

• pl_motor_630.jpg
    pl_motor_630.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 132

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
Hi Bill
What's the story behind the black limited bike as I am not familiar with it

Thanks

Steve

Aug 25, 2006
Hi Bill
What's the story behind the black limited bike as I am not familiar with it

Thanks

Steve

Hi Steve

Here is a link to the FC44;

http://www.mvagustausa.com/web-mvagusta/07_F4_CC.html

All the best

Shadowman

Lorenzo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2008
U.S.A.
It's interesting what other Gt owners are also interested in and how many times our passions cross path's

I am also a fan of the Ducati and in my life so far i have owned over 400 bikes.

I just finished this 1928 two cam Harley, it's an 80 C.I. motor in a lowered and shortened frame from the period, These were refered to as california cut downs, the word chopper came around years later.
Tom Sifton of San Jose California had a group of friends after the war that were know as the booze fighters and built bikes like these to raise hell up and down the california coast line. They were truely the first guys to modify these early harleys.
I spent 4 years collecting all the right parts to finish this bike to exact speck's and some of the parts you see on this bike came from the Tom Sifton estate sale after he died. I also have a dear friend in Santa Paula Ca that was Steve McQueens Mech and rideing buddy so he furnished me with everything else i needed. I have only ridden it a couple times because it's a frickin hand full to keep from killing my self on. 80 cubic inches and only one friction brake. It's also a flame thrower. :eek

DSCN0970.jpg

Lorenzo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2008
U.S.A.
DSCN0972.jpg

Lorenzo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2008
U.S.A.
DSCN0973.jpg

Aug 25, 2006

That is fricken awesome!!!

Thank you for sharing

Shadowman

sandman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 10, 2006
Gardnerville, Nv.
Very COOL!

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
H-D

That Harley is off the charts. A real work of art.

Chip

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
Lorenzo
Absolutley stunning rebuild !! Ok, over 400 bikes ? WOW, I thought I had had a lot of them and Ive had somewhere between 35 - 40 in my lifetime. I am headed to the National Forest in Louisiana this weekend on my new KTM to trail ride and start getting ready for the upcoming racing season

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Lorenzo
Absolutley stunning rebuild !! Ok, over 400 bikes ? WOW, I thought I had had a lot of them and Ive had somewhere between 35 - 40 in my lifetime. I am headed to the National Forest in Louisiana this weekend on my new KTM to trail ride and start getting ready for the upcoming racing season

I have a KTM 450 xcw. Fun Bike. Grew up racing motocross. Now I am getting my oldest kid into it. He is 5 and is already pretty good on his TT-R 50.
Have several bikes, but not alot of time to ride. Gonna try to make more time this spring and summer :thumbsup

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
Lets possibly get to together and ride this spring Shelby - I know Arkansas has lots of good places to ride. My brother and I discussed a road trip on our Harley's to see your new facility