Anyone Have Experience with Karosserie in King Of Prussia, PA?

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
I have a bubble in the paint in of all places right where the stripe meets the base color. The local Ford dealer indicated that their paint shop won't touch a GT and I should have the work done independently and submit the invoice for payment under warranty. Another Ford dealer recommended Karosserie in King Of Prussia, PA as the place to go for a first class job. I would appreciate comments (good, bad or indifferent) from anyone having dealt with Karosserie.

Thanks ..... joe

Last edited:

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
I've never had any of my cars there but I've visited and seen their work on others' cars. Outstanding work, I'd have no hesitation using them. Didn't tiger6 use them recently?

RSR1975

GT Owner
Sep 11, 2006
Yardley, PA
Joe,
I haven't personally needed to have any work done by them, but I have seen their work and it is really nice. I know many the Philly area Porsche guys that I deal with, who have high-end collections, use them for their resto and repair work. Karosserie is where I'd take my GT if I needed to have paint work done on it.

BTW- it was nice to take the GT out for a drive in the back roads of Bucks Co. after a long winter, even if it was a cold Easter day here.

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
Saleen in Michigan is by far your best bet. If you're in PA.Then there's just two states between the two of you. This way, you know its done right... It's done by the people who painted it in the first place and its certified which I think will protect your investment...:thumbsup

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
Saleen in Michigan is by far your best bet. If you're in PA.Then there's just two states between the two of you. This way, you know its done right... It's done by the people who painted it in the first place and its certified which I think will protect your investment...:thumbsup

I totally agree. Karosserie does outstanding work and they're certainly convenient to Philadelphia. When I needed warranty paint work, however, my GT went back to the original source. You'll incur some transportation costs shipping back to Troy (I used Gary Almond, he treats the cars he hauls as if they were his own and his fees are very reasonable). Both paint shops will produce first class results!

furlong

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 14, 2007
pennsylvania
karoserie

I used Karoserie about 15 years ago, all of the Ferraris were sent to him if any damage occured during shipping. He did a great job on my car, was expensive, and the paint still looks good on that car. I believe the owners name was Dick Von Medicus or close to that. He was the best in our area.