Anyone have a set of shortened tips for bumper delete kit for sale?

OzGT

GT Owner
Aug 21, 2006
South of Sydney, AUS
After waiting something like 5 years to get around to it, I finally ordered the CDC kit via Summit Racing last week. Despite fact I'd been over it a dozen times, I managed to somehow order the kit tippless version. Only found out at the paintshop today and was so annoyed with myself...:facepalm:

Does anyone have or know an easy way to get the tips without necessarily going all the way back through to CDC themselves? I have my car booked locally to go into shop in a weeks time, so I'd like to have them here, which means FedEx'ing them over here asap.

Cheers:cheers

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Maybe if you had ordered from one of several supporting forum vendors they would have asked you the right questions so that you wouldn't end up with the wrong parts.

OzGT

GT Owner
Aug 21, 2006
South of Sydney, AUS
Maybe if you had ordered from one of several supporting forum vendors they would have asked you the right questions so that you wouldn't end up with the wrong parts.

Yeah thanks for the smart answer nota4re....:thumbsup

I am more than well aware of what I should have done with Summit, it was a basic ordering mistake based on fact they have separate pages for each option- I clearly misread the link I chose. The reality, quite simply, before you get all up on your supporting vendor stance, is that using large retailers, who can quote 'on the fly' accurate and especially cost effective shipping via FedEx(in this example) or appropriate standard of shipping, plus accept simple online payment methods, makes all the difference to me based here in Australia. Unfortunately, in many dealings with great people who are smaller parts suppliers, they are understandbly well out of their depths in sorting accurate Intl shipping and even easy payment methods for Intl customers. I just went through this very issue late last year when purchasing a Billet pulley from one of our respected suppliers here on the forums. I went to lengths in direct email discussion to try to either get them use appropriately cost effective shipping for the cost and weight of the part, ie USPS EMS, or worst case use my own Fedex account(just to pass cost through my biz instead). However, the outcome was a a shipping cost via UPS over twice the cost of what items the size and weight should cost. It might have technically in that case been seemingly a 'meager' $70 over in shipping, but when you constantly are shipping parts like I am over the last 20 years, it adds up and is unsustainable in some cases when the shipping isn't effectively quoted. That said it was a small production and totally unique item. I'm more than happy to purchase the unique small scale GT parts from the guys here and hats off to them all. Andrew @ Exoticare knows I'm a good customer(he's a pro and top notch to deal with), Kip Ewing has been awesome in the past for custom texalium, console, etc. With bigger production parts, Jack @ Muscle Motorsport who originally hooked me up with all my Whipple needs(and exhaust), then later the 4.0 s/c upgrade, has been fantastic too. So I really don't need patronising about dealing with forum vendors, esp for comparatively large scale parts, that producers like CDC make. Rather, I need the benefits that 99% of the time a big global online retailer can provide to me as an overseas based car enthusiast, cost effective shipping and straightforward purchasing, pref online.

This is a minor issue to be honest. I've had worse happen with other cars and wrong spec parts and it's no big drama at all, I just get on and sort it out... I've already emailed CDC directly and I'm pretty sure I'll have it all sorted before car goes in to the shop. Just thought it wouldn't hurt to check the forums in case someone had a set handy. Even more to the point, realistically, without a fuss I could get my muffler shop guy, whose 2 mins down road from the paint shop to sort the tips out if need be...

EDIT: As anticipated, Jess from CDC has already gotten back to me directly and is going to send me a set of tips. Case closed...

Last edited: