Anyone get distortion from their speakers??

Rob Harris

GT Owner
Nov 20, 2006
Calgary
I have the standard stereo system in my car (Canadian). I notice that my passenger speaker distorts badly. It doesn't take much sound going through it. Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions on a fix. I am hesitant to take it to my dealer and have them goof around with it. My confidence is low.

thanks,

Rob

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
metal vibrating against the cone?

I have the standard stereo system in my car (Canadian). I notice that my passenger speaker distorts badly. It doesn't take much sound going through it. Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions on a fix. I am hesitant to take it to my dealer and have them goof around with it. My confidence is low.

thanks,

Rob
Rob,

One thought, make sure that there isn't a small piece of metal that found it's way to the dust cap. This is the domed piece which is in the center on the speaker cone. One little piece of metal vibrating against the cone can raise all hell!

Please keep us posted on this one.

Jay

Aug 25, 2006
Darn hackers

I made a post a couple days ago in which I made mention of a pinched wire such as a ground during the install process.

I suspect that once the door panel is removed the culprit will be found.

The panel is relatively easy to remove just take your time as you will have to remove the innner finsh trim ring (secured with press in retainers), the primary pull handle, the switches and then the primary door panel can removed. The entire system is secured with push in pins...aka Christmas trees and require that you take you time with a plastic wedge tool or ? and slowly bring out a section at a time and then "WHOLLA". When you reinstall the panel I have found that spraying the push in retainers with Windex or ??? makes the process much easier and the retainers seems to go in all the way rather than bunching up.

Let me know if there is anything I can do.

Please update us with your results

Takes care

Shadowman

Rob Harris

GT Owner
Nov 20, 2006
Calgary
Thanks Gents...... I am not going to be able to tear it apart for a week or so. I appreciate your help and will keep you posted on my progress. I am sure it is something easily fixable.

On another note, I am hopping in my truck and heading to Canfield Ohio on Monday to pick up my Trailex trailer!!!!

I have never driven that far East from Calgary. It's gonna be a long one! Lots of beef jerky!

Rob

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
and coffee?

Thanks Gents......
I have never driven that far East from Calgary. It's gonna be a long one! Lots of beef jerky!
Rob
and coffee?

Rob,

Please do let us know what you discover. Safe motoring!

Jay

Rob Harris

GT Owner
Nov 20, 2006
Calgary
Yep! Coffee too!!!..........

Rob

Not 4N

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
Calgary AB
The GT has a stereo? :lol

Have a safe trip and if you get time, try to stop by Mark's shop (Genaddi Design Group) in Green Bay WI. I wanted to stop in on my way back from Indy but didn't have time.

See you when you get back.

:cheers
Trent