Anybody use a WOT box? How did ya hook it up?

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
For fathers day the kids are getting me a WOT box. The WOT Box adds two major features to any car. They are No-lift shiftingand launch control. The No-Lift Shift feature makes no-lift shifting easy by cutting your engine's ignition for a very short period while you no-lift shift. The 2-Step Launch Control modulates the ignition by cutting power to individual ignition coils to hold the RPM you want to launch at. You can use this feature for a more consistent and more powerful launch in boost!

Has anybody hooked one up? The product is made by N2MB http://www.npcompleteperformance.com/wotbox They don't have instructions for the FGT but it hooks up to the PCM as shown below:

N2MB WOT 05-06 Mustang.jpg

Question is - is there a "Cruise Control Clutch Deactivation Switch in the FGT wiring? Now its time to go into the service manual and figure out where the PCM is and determine the connector cabling....

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I am not sure this is going to work with COP and OBDII. You would have to tap into the common +12 lead for all coils and get a tune that won't throw a code when the ECU notices the coils are faulty and you have misfires. You definitely need a custom tune.

The DA T/C system has similar launch control and full throttle shift, but cutting fuel injectors instead of ignition. I had OBDII codes for misfires and bad coils until it was fixed in the tune. 1st time you cut the car will go in to limp mode.

Last edited:

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
The FGT's clutch switch detect only when the clutch is fully depress for starting the car. You have to add your own clutch switch to detect the transition from on or off, which is not the same as fully depressed. The other wires are available. You have is be careful with some of them. Tapping them for another circuit could add noise and render than car inoperatable.

I like cutting injectors better than spark. I don't like the idea of dumping a lot of fuel into the engine that isn't going to get burned anyway. Washing the cylinders and putting gas into the oil, overheating the CATs if you have them.

Last edited:

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
The wiring diagram is from a Mustang not a FGT.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I like cutting injectors better than spark. I don't like the idea of dumping a lot of fuel into the engine that isn't going to get burned anyway. Washing the cylinders and putting gas into the oil, overheating the CATs if you have them.

+1
The GT500 guys destroy the CATs with the WOT box. When someone gets to the point of running a WOT box, they should not be using CATs.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Get rid of the cats and, if nothing else, you should get some awesome flames out of the exhaust from all that raw fuel.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Get rid of the cats and, if nothing else, you should get some awesome flames out of the exhaust from all that raw fuel.

Oh yeah!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-XzXL1BjmFI

Reminds me of skeet shooting. Pull!

SSRob

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 9, 2012
Oklahoma
Jesus, are they trying to launch that thing off the dyno?

I have a WOT box and was going to put it on my 500 until my 500 guy said I'd have to remove the cats or burn them up. I'm not sure I'd like the exhaust note with them removed.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Rob, I have long tube headers, no cats and the oem mufflers on my 2008 GT500 and it sounds really good, but it's totally subjective. As for the WOT box, I wouldn't use it. IMHO it is too hard on the equipment. I would swap in an auto if I was that serious about drag racing.