Any well connected Ford people?

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
Nomis

Keep your eye on eBay. A couple of times there have been auctions where you are buying the right to purchase a car that is yet to be built - it allows you the options you want.

Hurry up - you're missing driving time :thumbsup

nomis

Jun 14, 2006
Home Counties, England
AZGT said:
Nomis

Keep your eye on eBay. A couple of times there have been auctions where you are buying the right to purchase a car that is yet to be built - it allows you the options you want.

I do have a line on one new build car but as I said, as Ford haven't given the dealer the green-light yet, my guess is they may never actually get the build-slot.

As it stands, it looks like I'll be buying a car with the awful, heavy, ugly and pointless MacIntosh audio :ack

...as Roush UK are coming up with zero non-Mac cars, as is the US broker and the UK dealer.

nomis

Jun 14, 2006
Home Counties, England
AZGT said:
Nomis

Will do but as above, I think if the dealer doesn't have his slot confirmed now, it would seem they may never get the car as they are stopping US-production soon. Or am I wrong on this point? :confused

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
nomis said:
Will do but as above, I think if the dealer doesn't have his slot confirmed now, it would seem they may never get the car as they are stopping US-production soon. Or am I wrong on this point? :confused

no you are correct. interesting to see what happens to the price once production stops....

svtowner

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 2, 2006
Vehicle production for US comsumption stops Aug 31. ~100 cars for Canada will then be built thereafter and then that is it.