any one had this happen

GFORCE

GT Owner
Jan 14, 2006
Ive got a whipple on one of my gts.It allways runs cool.but the whipple
names on the sides ,it looks like the glue is letting go.I live mass its not like
real hot like arz or down south.Any suggest on a glue that can take the heat.
I know i should call whipple.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I know i should call whipple.

Good idea! But, that being said ...they're the ones who chose the glue your S/C has on there now! :bang

Last edited:
Take them off.. I think it looks cleaner with them off:thumbsup

Aug 25, 2006
They are CRAP ................

This is why I had my supercharger case machined, drilled and tapped for hardware and then machined my own aluminum plates and then powder coated them to match the case on mine.

Oh I am "almost" sorry for not being more gentle with my answer however IMO they are little more than a billboard for Whipple which is a product that I fully support. They are not of the caliber of the gal or the product on which they were placed.

Takes care

Shadowman

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Shadowman-picture please!

Aug 25, 2006
Here you go

The first shows the supercharger with the side of the case milled down and the holes drilled and taped for securing the side plate

The second shows the side plate immediately after being machined

The third (sorry a crummy picture shows the plate after it was powder coated and installed

FYI: initially we discussed simply cutting the ribs around the body of the supercharge however there were secondary concerns presented as such we simply had the emblem stand machine off, machined for the fasteners, and machined and installed a plate that blends in and will weather the test of tiime

Takes care

Shadowman

Attachments

• DSC00833.JPG
    DSC00833.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 138
  • DSC01297.JPG
    DSC01297.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 137
  • DSC03467.JPG
    DSC03467.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 135