Any luck on new Raptor orders?

FGT899

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 10, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Hi all,

Is anyone else having an extremely difficult time getting an allocation to order a new Raptor? I'm seeing new Raptors on the streets here in the Phoenix area, but I have struck out with local dealers. I've been on Sanderson Ford all year (where I ordered my Gen2 Raptor from) with no luck. Now my wife wants one too. Any input would be appreciated - maybe it's still just too early?

Pat Milliken Ford

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Feb 15, 2017
Redford, Michigan
Hi all,

Is anyone else having an extremely difficult time getting an allocation to order a new Raptor? I'm seeing new Raptors on the streets here in the Phoenix area, but I have struck out with local dealers. I've been on Sanderson Ford all year (where I ordered my Gen2 Raptor from) with no luck. Now my wife wants one too. Any input would be appreciated - maybe it's still just too early?
Are u looking for a Raptor or Raptor R? R’s will be very difficult to get.

daytrayd

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 23, 2010
Austin, TX
Im on the list for an R, but 30k adm. Trying to find other options but tough sledding. Regular raptors are hard to come by as well but Id assume that would lighten up as production resumes to "normal" after the supply shortages start to fade further.

FGT899

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 10, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Just the regular Raptor. I know R’s will be unicorns!

MichaelR

GT Owner
Aug 8, 2018

Looking for a Raptor R. Tried calling multiple dealerships this week no luck :(

HighHP

GT Owner
Jun 3, 2019
Spokane, WA
I am number six on the list at my local dealership. I was added to the list a few months ago. I suspect all dealers currently have a long list. I am sure the length of the list and the dealer allocation sets the ADM. The same dealer had 3 Raptor Bronco's. The ADM was $50K. He called thru his list, three told him to pound sand and three said no problem.

Pat Milliken Ford

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Feb 15, 2017
Redford, Michigan
We have a huge waiting list

Pat Milliken Ford

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Feb 15, 2017
Redford, Michigan
Just the regular Raptor. I know R’s will be unicorns!
Hey Nate. I might have a cancellation order avail on a Antimatter Blue avail. Non R, non 37. I will confirm on Monday of avail if u are interested. PM me

JWZ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 17, 2013
Texas
I asked our local Ford dealership to be put on bottom of R list. Lol! Said top is full! All good! Currently have 100,000 + miles on clock of my ‘18.

Kiteboarder Ken

GT Owner
Jun 25, 2020
Tampa Florida
I was put on the list for the R over a year ago at my favorite Ford dealership so I am first in line. I put the order in yesterday but they haven't officially gotten an allocation. My guy doesn't charge me ADM on most vehicles but a little on the Raptor R so the price is 109k. The build only asks about 3 options for the R- color, power tailgate and sunroof package and decal delete. I had the first gen Raptor in silver, bought the gen 2 also in silver which is my daily driver until I get the R (guess what color). I also ordered a Lightning well over a year ago and got to finally test drive one last week. WOW! it may give my 05 GT a run off the line. It drove beautifully and had a fantastic ride. It doesn't feel as heavy as it is. This one was a Lariat and had a great interior. The "frunk" is very cool. I didn't particularly care for the lighting around the grill as it is frosted plastic and looks cheap in the daylight. I am sure it looks great at night. Also, the rim selection is a bit hokey. They are all weird looking. The first guy that took delivery immediately had a slightly bigger tire and better rims put on. Looked really good. I am down the list at 10 out of 68 but it may be another year as the dealer said he will only get 2 this year and not sure how many next. I am stoked about the Lightning more so than the Raptor R.

Kiteboarder Ken

GT Owner
Jun 25, 2020
Tampa Florida
Interesting update on Raptor R order. I was told by my dealer several months ago the "We will NOT be getting a Raptor R allocation, sorry". I was down there on the first day that the order bank was open and the guy that orders the vehicles put it in the system in case they got one. If you see post above, I already put in for a Lightning summer of 2021. I was getting some weird updates from My Ford that said they would be updating me every 45 days on my Raptor order. Well Friday I got a message that said my build date for my Raptor R was December 19th and it included a VIN. What?!! Does this mean I am getting one? Is it a cruel joke? I called the dealer to check on the situation and the guy that ordered it was off and I finally hung up after 15 minutes on hold. I don't have any deposit down nor a purchase agreement so I am nervous that I may lose the deal. Any thoughts or advice??? Has anyone taken delivery of one yet?

HighHP

GT Owner
Jun 3, 2019
Spokane, WA
Better park your ass there before they open on Monday.

Reactions: ScottK and 2112

pacettr

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 2, 2013
Mustang, OK
I believe one of our Ford stores has one or two available.

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
My standard (non R) to be here next week- looking forward to getting it

Reactions: alexhay3

FGT899

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 10, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
My standard (non R) to be here next week- looking forward to getting it
Did you encounter a lengthy chip hold? Supply chain frustration 😤

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
Not sure what the "hold" was but it's been on order since this past March and it's still not here and am now being told another week

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
Forget big brother Raptor or Raptor on steroids. Considering 2023 Ranger Raptor when finally released.

Reactions: steved57

JWZ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 17, 2013
Texas
I believe one of our Ford stores has one or two available.
Sent you a DM

Reactions: pacettr

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Friend has one already built - in lot, waiting for a "Chip" His build date was 11/29

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
Yes, We still have lots. of vehicles going through chip holds. Even the hottest of stuff like Bronco Raptors suffering random holds.

Then they just appear. It's frustrating for sure. We are now able to track many by vehicle modem.