Any luck on new Raptor orders?

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
Dealer called me yesterday, so my 2023 Raptor is at the dealership so I'll be picking it up tomorrow

06 fgt

GT Owner
Jul 20, 2022
arnold mo
anybody know of any dealers with a allocation to order a 23?

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Beware of these new computer-controlled vehicles. A friend just repaired a 2018 Raptor that wouldn't start. Had a difficult time figuring out why it wouldn't start because there were no codes except for the left taillight being burnt out. So, they decided to change the bulb. Nope. You had to buy the entire taillight assembly, but it can only be purchased as a set of 2 (lt & rt sides). Those 2 taillights then had to be taken to a Ford Dealer to be programmed so they could talk to the main computer. Bottomline: $4400.00 to replace and program the 2 taillights so the Raptor would start again.

06 fgt

GT Owner
Jul 20, 2022
arnold mo
you can buy them separtly,i just bought a drivers rear tailight for my 18 raptor at the dealer

Reactions: steved57

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Well, the Ford Dealer here wouldn't sell them individually and this mechanic shop was not going to take their time searching the web for alternatives. They had already wasted a lot of diagnostic time chasing the usual failure-to-start culprits. Who would have thought a taillight would prevent it from starting.

06 fgt

GT Owner
Jul 20, 2022
arnold mo
i know one thing,it cost me almost 900.00 wholesale for it

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
i know one thing,it cost me almost 900.00 wholesale for it
That's expensive for a tail light but heck of a lot better than the guy paying 4400 for a pair
We're you able to install it ? And did it being bad keep truck from starting ? Did a dealer have to reprogram anything ?

06 fgt

GT Owner
Jul 20, 2022
arnold mo
Nope,just installed it and everything works fine

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
I ran into a similar problem with my wife’s former 2009 Cayenne. One of the headlights was working intermittently, and after eliminating the usual suspects, I had to replace the HID ignitor module. Then it worked, but I kept getting the CEL and an error icon about the lights. The only way to make them go away was to pay the Porsche dealer to program the new ignitor module serial number to the body computer. Supposedly it’s to prevent theft. I think it’s to force you to have to go to the dealerships.

Reactions: GT@50 and steved57

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
I think it is a shame that FORD has lost the vision of Henry Ford, "an affordable car for the masses". Who, but the wealthy, can afford these overpriced new vehicles like a $100K+ pickup truck? I think all the automakers need to fire at least 50% of their software engineers and only keep the ones that design engine tuning, transmission shifting and manufacturing efficiencies. These other computer people want to put expensive computer modules (made in China) into every component even when it's not needed. Adding air pressure sensors in tires, replacing bulbs with computer-controlled assemblies, mechanical shocks with computer-controlled adaptive electric shocks, etc., etc. is just driving costs unnecessarily through the roof. We don't need overly complicated vehicles at exorbitant prices. We need easily maintainable cars at reasonable prices without all the complications. Let the consumer decide which options they want on a vehicle instead of shoving all these expensive non-options down their throat. Why do you think the popular car programs on TV are all resurrecting vehicles that were manufactured before all these computer-controlled vehicles? It's because the old vehicles can be maintained by the average Joe and much less expensively. Wake up FORD to your traditions - "an affordable car for the masses"!!!!

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I think it is a shame that FORD has lost the vision of Henry Ford, "an affordable car for the masses". Who, but the wealthy, can afford these overpriced new vehicles like a $100K+ pickup truck? I think all the automakers need to fire at least 50% of their software engineers and only keep the ones that design engine tuning, transmission shifting and manufacturing efficiencies. These other computer people want to put expensive computer modules (made in China) into every component even when it's not needed. Adding air pressure sensors in tires, replacing bulbs with computer-controlled assemblies, mechanical shocks with computer-controlled adaptive electric shocks, etc., etc. is just driving costs unnecessarily through the roof. We don't need overly complicated vehicles at exorbitant prices. We need easily maintainable cars at reasonable prices without all the complications. Let the consumer decide which options they want on a vehicle instead of shoving all these expensive non-options down their throat. Why do you think the popular car programs on TV are all resurrecting vehicles that were manufactured before all these computer-controlled vehicles? It's because the old vehicles can be maintained by the average Joe and much less expensively. Wake up FORD to your traditions - "an affordable car for the masses"!!!!
Furthermore, we need simple components that will be available in 20 or 30 years. Why is it I can get any part I want for a 30 year old Corvette but I can't get a headlight for a Ford GT??? It doesn't stop there. I couldn't get a replacement gas tank for my 2004 Dodge truck either. Come 30 years from now noone will talk of restoring today's vehicles (not that there are really any that might be worthy) because aftermarket let alone OEM parts simply won't be available. Unless companies stockpile these electronic components they simply won't be manufacturable because silicon technology will be way ahead.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fast Freddy