any dealers with tranny fluid?

Derry

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
buffalo, NY
I had the local dealer install the tranny cooler last Friday. They are still waiting to get the fluid from the distributer and are now being told not until Monday. I was hoping to have the car this weekend. Anyone have any fluid they could ship b4 then? Thanks.

Derry

Derry

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
buffalo, NY
I found a Royal Purple equivilent, the search is no longer needed. Thanks.
Derry

dbtgt

One lucky SOB to own a GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Derry,
Can you please post a part number or description of the Royal Purple gear oil that is equivalent? Is it just their full synthetic 75/90W gear oil? Castrol Syntec also makes one which should be equivalent as well.
Thanks

EasyEric

GT Owner
Mar 6, 2006
Florida and Georgia USA
I was able to buy Mobil 1 Full Synthetic 75W90 from Advance Auto Parts. Price I believe was under $9.00.

Eric

Derry

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
buffalo, NY
The Royal Purple oil is just the full synthetic 75w90. We spoke with the President of Royal Purple regarding the Ford specification and the compatibility.

On a scary side note, I ended up finding two Ford Dealers within 100 miles of me that have had to rebuild GT transaxles under warranty!

Derry

Dwight

Apr 4, 2006
Jacksonville, Fl
I think Tony at HP Performance keeps the trans fluid in stock. You may give him a call.

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Just a point of information. I installed my Ford Racing cooler as well and waited to get the actual Motorcraft XT-75W90-QGT transaxle fluid which is made and packaged in Belgium by the transaxle manufacturer. I did have to wait a while to get the actual fluid, but this was planned during installation.

How do you guys assure yourself that the Royal Purple/Amzoil/Moble1 (take your pick) is miscible, has the same additive package and equivalent to that shipped in our transaxles by Ford? I just don't see the sense in guessing the petroleum attributes of an unknown fluid (I'm sure it's manufacturer says it's good) in the second most expensive and important module of my GT. Seriously is cost an issue???

I guess I follow the same logic when I plan to change the oil and filter. It will be the German manufactured Mororcraft FL-2024 filter (not a Purolator or Fram if they even make an equivalent) and the Motorcraft synthetic oil. If you think I'm foolishly wasting my money on overcharged consumables marketed by Ford for my GT, I disagree. Who better knows the product, and it's requirements?

And Derry, I take it when you mention you found two nearby dealers who had to rebuild GT transaxles: 1) the transaxle is not field repairable, ie the dealer pulls the transaxle and returns it to Ford engineering who rebuilds or replaces the unit and 2) did you ask these dealers if the transaxle problems were caused by improper gear lube additions?? Just a thought.

dbtgt

One lucky SOB to own a GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
I spent 20 minutes with the parts guy at one of our Ford dealers today arguing about my desire to order the transaxle fluid and what fluid to use. I finally gave up and will try to by it from Maurice at Duval Ford via mail order!! :ack He is knowledgeable and has taken good care of me so far. This Ford dealer situation is unbelievable to me. I have tried to by parts and service from three different dealers so far and everyone argues with me about the part numbers and trys to sell me Mustang parts. :bs

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Try Capaldi Racing in Michigan. Great place to deal with.