Any aftermarket exhaust options?

Mar 28, 2019
I like a louder sound on my sports cars. The turbos mute a lot of the sound on the NFGT. Has anyone experimented with a custom/aftermarket exhaust or removing the muffler altogether and having by pass pipes put in? The turbos and cats would muffle the sound a lot so that it would not be obnoxious. Anyone heard of anything out there?

Reactions: canibl

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
The Titanium exhaust is about to become the only exhaust available! Is it a rumor or not?

canibl

GT Owner
Nov 22, 2005
Sacramento, Cali
I like a louder sound on my sports cars. The turbos mute a lot of the sound on the NFGT. Has anyone experimented with a custom/aftermarket exhaust or removing the muffler altogether and having by pass pipes put in? The turbos and cats would muffle the sound a lot so that it would not be obnoxious. Anyone heard of anything out there?

I wouldn't be surprised if in a year or 2 Ford Motorsport will release an aftermarket straight pipe track option for the NFGT just like it did for the 05/06...but I'm speculating. It sure would be nice if someone did it...

Mar 28, 2019
After speaking with the concierge he said the titanium exhaust is not any louder than the standard NFGT exhaust, it is just lighter. He said some claim it has a slightly different note due to the titanium but if you are looking for a significant change or any real change in sound, the titanium exhaust wont do that.

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
I thought I read Heffner was working on one?
DBK would know if so

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
true-- the Titanium exhaust system sounds NO DIFFERENT than the base system.
I had the base system on my car for 5000 miles and converted to Titanium a few weeks ago . Have driven 500 more miles with titanium and there is no difference.
andy(ajb)

Reactions: roketman

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
The Titanium exhaust is about to become the only exhaust available! Is it a rumor or not?
I heard the same rumor.

Reactions: THamonGT

68Rcodeman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2008
Spring Hill, FL.
Here is the Heffner performance exhaust upgrade. Looks like DBK's car??

Mar 28, 2019
good info! Thank you 68R!

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
I heard the same rumor.
I have heard this too

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
true-- the Titanium exhaust system sounds NO DIFFERENT than the base system.
I had the base system on my car for 5000 miles and converted to Titanium a few weeks ago . Have driven 500 more miles with titanium and there is no difference.
andy(ajb)
ANDY how many miles you got a new car now

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Ron - I am at 5600 miles on the ODO.
It has been a very cool/cold and WET spring as you know .
I don't think I will achieve my goal of 10,000 by the end of this season.
take care,
andy (ajb)

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I’m up to 2,600! Plus 2 track days

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
I have a prototype Borla Titanium X-pipe . It has a deeper throatier sound that the stock Muffler. Borla is working on some after market systems as we speak.20171113_091005.jpg20171113_132352.jpg20171115_181803.jpg

Last edited:

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
Neat! Very interested to hear what those sound like Stormy and what your weight savings will be. Keep us posted!

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Neat! Very interested to hear what those sound like Stormy and what your weight savings will be. Keep us posted!

I've had it on the car since Nov 17.. Car sounds wicked.. !!

Stock Muffler is : 31.4 lbs
Factory TI muffler : 19 lbs
X-pipe was around 7lbs before it was insulated.
Old post below..

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
I've had it on the car since Nov 17.. Car sounds wicked.. !!

Stock Muffler is : 31.4 lbs
Factory TI muffler : 19 lbs
X-pipe was around 7lbs before it was insulated.
Old post below..

Excellent!! Are you able to post video of the sound vs stock? Thanks again Stormy.

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Not an A vs B comparison but some idea of the sound.

Excellent!! Are you able to post video of the sound vs stock? Thanks again Stormy.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
there's a good sound clip on my Instagram page don't know how to post it here . The file wouldn't load directly. My Instagram is : stormy__56. Two underscores scores before the 56

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
there's a good sound clip on my Instagram page don't know how to post it here . The file wouldn't load directly. My Instagram is : stormy__56. Two underscores scores before the 56

Ha! I like how you follow...NOBODY! :LOL: