Another wrecked GT

M

Mark O

Anyone click on the "next image tab" if you did you had the misfortune of seeing this. Click on the next image tab to see another angle. I can't see how, but I hope the driver survived: http://www.wreckedexotics.com/newphotos/exotics/2viper_20060604_001.shtml

Whew, for a moment there, I thought it was a 2002 Final Edition. Fortunately, it was a later model SRT. :wink

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I can't see how, but I hope the driver survived:

If he was belted in - no way, Jose. His only prayer would have been if he were thrown clear ... but even then, at the speed he musta been going...? Nope. :frown

8bucksagallon

Jun 5, 2007
York, England
In answer to Fubars question about salvage titles into Europe, The salvage title disappears...
I know this, as I have imported a couple of vehicle from the USA over the years, and that is what has happened. Also our equivalent of CARFAX, does not have any info regarding vehicles from outside the UK, and as long as the vehicle in question is not registered as damaged, then it doesnt attract a "Salvage" title in the UK. However, If it is registered on "salvage" in the UK, it can be removed from the register if it is inspected and deemed to be repaired correctly. Sorry for wordy reply, but there are a couple of GT's in the UK that I know were smashed abroad, and brought to the UK

Last edited:

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
I agree, ejection would be the only hope......

If he was belted in - no way, Jose. His only prayer would have been if he were thrown clear ... but even then, at the speed he musta been going...? Nope. :frown

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
In answer to Fubars question about salvage titles into Europe, The salvage title disappears...
I know this, as I have imported a couple of vehicle from the USA over the years, and that is what has happened. Also our equivalent of CARFAX, does not have any info regarding vehicles from outside the UK, and as long as the vehicle in question is not registered as damaged, then it doesnt attract a "Salvage" title in the UK. However, If it is registered on "salvage" in the UK, it can be removed from the register if it is inspected and deemed to be repaired correctly. Sorry for wordy reply, but there are a couple of GT's in the UK that I know were smashed abroad, and brought to the UK

I was afraid of that. If the salvage title disappeared... would it stay gone when brought back to the US (probably)? Would it be possible to title a car in the UK without actually taking the car there? You see where I'm going.

Buyer beware!

8bucksagallon

Jun 5, 2007
York, England
Fubar, yes I can see where your going! In answer to your question I believe it would depend on how long the vehicle stayed out of the USA(Officially) With regards to paperwork however you need to inform your state licensing board that the vehicle is leaving, I think therefore that the car does disappear, and the record with it. Dont forget though, carfax (or similar) keeps there records, and have no idea where the car is! I have a Suburban, and have looked it up lately and it has no meaningful info recorded. Strangely though, Importing a car into the USA is easiest through California, as they have there own criteria for emissions, where as the other states follow the Federal regs (Sorry off subject) Regarding the issue with GTs that have been bumped, it is one of the reasons I have not bought yet as two I have viewed have questionable provenance/history. I am looking at buying one in the USA due the exchange rate, but as it is an "Icon" vehicle over there they are fetching strong money. Going back to importing one from the UK to USA, it will have a "clean" title, so perhaps if the car goes through a different state on its return it would not show up? Sorry for the ramble! Regards all. Yes you can title a car in the UK without it being here, but only if you have a good contact with a company that performs an "SVA" test. They have a dispensation per vehicle to state that "vehicle xy" conforms to legislation "123" they can actually title the cars without an inspection, however the only company I know with GT experience is too ligit!

Last edited: