Another Texas Ford GT

medici78

GT Owner
Dec 31, 2006
El Paso, TX
So I finally got my NFGT delivered a couple weeks ago. What a treat!
Steve was awesome during the delivery.
I have yet to drive it faster than 5mph as it's just been on and off trailers after delivery and then to PPF shop. It sat for a week in my garage to let paint cure and currently at the PPF guy. I enjoyed just looking at it and it was all I could do to not pull it out.
The paint is a custom extended pallette color that looks black in the shadows and purple/blue depending on lighting. I took these pics to get a look at it in sunlight but it's tricky to really capture the color.
Dying to get it on the road, but after seeing it accumulate rocks just moving it in the parking lot was enough to keep me from even taking it around the block until the PPF is finished.
IMG_0795.jpegIMG_0800.jpeg

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Fantastic! 🤘

Last edited:

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Very cool paint choice! Congratulations!

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
Congratulations on a gorgeous car! That color is truly outstanding! Love the deep purple look.

JWZ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 17, 2013
Texas
Congratulations! Enjoy! Just down 20 from you!

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Congratulations on your new delivery! Here’s to many years and miles of pure happiness and excitement! Get those screens set and finished PPF before the enjoyment begins!

JOETWINT

FORD GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 22, 2008
Brooklyn N.Y.
Very nice congrats!

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
Sinister and/or fun depending on the angle. 👍🏻

medici78

GT Owner
Dec 31, 2006
El Paso, TX
Thanks, guys! I'm definitely gonna be taking her out often. The color was definitely the hardest automotive decision I've ever had to make. It is so hard to capture on camera, it really must be seen in person but I think it fits quite well with the carbon fiber stripes and wheels. Now I'm debating whether or not to swap the wheels out for some BBS FI-R's or other high-end aftermarket wheels since I plan to do some road trips in it and am a little hesitant to do so on CF wheels.

Reactions: GKW05GT and GTMD

Tomcat

GT Owner
My song from high school...68 Camaro.

Reactions: extrap

bzambranog

GT Owner
Sep 14, 2020
Are you in San Antonio? We should take ours for a spin! 2106291722

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
Congratulations. Lots of Texas GT's.

medici78

GT Owner
Dec 31, 2006
El Paso, TX
Yup. It's a big state, though. Looks like the closest one to me in the state is still 4 hours away lol.

donnymac

Defered Ajudication
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 26, 2008
West Texas
See you in Alpine! Great place to run and play.

Reactions: steved57

vyprgt2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2005
CA
I like it!

I definitely agree that the color tones go well together

medici78

GT Owner
Dec 31, 2006
El Paso, TX
Here's a vid of it in the sunlight.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I also hardwired the radar detector:
IMG_0929.JPEG

Mr.Peebles

GT Owner
Jun 19, 2019
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

View attachment 63216

View attachment 63216
I played your video with my fingertips resting on my computer. The vibration of the speakers "almost" made me feel like I was standing next to your beautiful NFGT. Exhilarating! Enjoy every mile.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Which detector did you install? Looks like V1 arrows but I haven't been keeping up with the latest as I live where 75% of the cars on the roads are using sensors to help the driver's stay in their lane while they check their email and Facebook accounts.

My older V1's were in constant squeal mode due to this. 😕

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.

View attachment 63216
I find that radar mount to obtrusive to my vision.

medici78

GT Owner
Dec 31, 2006
El Paso, TX
Which detector did you install? Looks like V1 arrows but I haven't been keeping up with the latest as I live where 75% of the cars on the roads are using sensors to help the driver's stay in their lane while they check their email and Facebook accounts.

My older V1's were in constant squeal mode due to this. 😕
Gen 2 V1. Works well for me.

I find that radar mount to obtrusive to my vision.
No issues on obstruction from my vantage point. Drove from El Paso to Phoenix and only noticed it when it went off.