Another great mojave airport event

peiserg

GT Owner
Aug 15, 2010
Phoenix, az
Tom (skyrex) posted yet another Mojave Airport event. For anyone who doesn't know that's the renting of a 2.5 mile long Runway. They have speed traps at the 1/2 comma one mile, and 1.5 mile mark. You can do standing stars or rolling starts. I think we had maybe 22 or 23 cars including a number of high-end Ferraris, Lamborghini Ford GT Etc. Unfortunately the wind was not Cooperative enough to enable me to get a new personal best. My previous was 224.8 miles per hour. I still manage to almost 220 though. I only did about 14 or 15 runs, but that included 90 minutes for lunch at Denny's, and a hell of a lot of sitting around and shooting the breeze with my friends. Not certain if any of you guys made it out, sure was good to meet up with some new gear heads.

MarkH

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 19, 2007
Katy, Texas
Tom puts on a great event and is well known by many. I have been promising to make it out with the GT to try and put on a show. It just wasn't in the cards this year but if he keeps inviting me back I for sure am going to do just that. Great to hear the event once again was a success and looking forward to making it there soon.

Mark H.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I'm sorry I couldn't make it out this year but it is a great event. I was able to do multiple 222mph runs on 91 octane pump fuel, street tune & low boost! I will return someday.

Ed

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
I'm sorry I missed it also. Perhaps next year...

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA

GTED

GT Owner
Apr 4, 2006
Yes, Tom and Summer put on a great private event for us at Mojave every time! I, too, am sorry that I couldn't make it this year... Hopefully, I will make it next year.

Ed

sandman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 10, 2006
Gardnerville, Nv.
As always a great event, my wife (204.9mph) and daughter (203.1mph) both set personal bests!
https://youtu.be/yDXhHGeKc5E

peiserg

GT Owner
Aug 15, 2010
Phoenix, az
Not sure who was in the video but a better top speed will usually come avoiding 6th gear (unless you're pushing 1000rwhp)

sandman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 10, 2006
Gardnerville, Nv.
Not sure who was in the video but a better top speed will usually come avoiding 6th gear (unless you're pushing 1000rwhp)

My daughter was driving and with the stock transaxle you would be right.

FGT899

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 10, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Darn, I had no idea of this event. Are there any similar events coming up in AZ?

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Not in AZ that I know. PM SkyRex to get put on the list for the next GT Mojave event. There is a general Mojave event for anyone but I wouldn't go to that one.

Ed

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
As always a great event, my wife (204.9mph) and daughter (203.1mph) both set personal bests!
https://youtu.be/yDXhHGeKc5E

That's great! Is that your red car or the TT car?

Ed

sandman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 10, 2006
Gardnerville, Nv.
That's great! Is that your red car or the TT car?

Ed

Thanks, it made the day! The video is of my daughter in the Whipple, 3.90 car.

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
That's awesome. Would love to try this sometime.

Vince H

Blue Moose

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Chandler,Arizona.
Darn, I had no idea of this event. Are there any similar events coming up in AZ?

AZ has a great half mile event this weekend October 8-9. I have been there twice. It is an excellent venue and incredible cars. The drive to Gila Bend (southwest of Phoenix) is half the fun. Nice twisty roads going through the Maricopa AZ route.
http://www.omegamotorsport.com/noflyzone-arizona

Attachments

• Az2.jpg
    Az2.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 55
Last edited: