AMGT40-1 Delivery Takes On Snow and Sleet

Mr.Peebles

GT Owner
Jun 19, 2019
Last Tuesday afternoon, immediately after the Chicago Auto Show, AMGT40-1 was finally delivered directly to our wrap shop. It was exactly 7 years and one month after I threw my 11 and 8 year olds in the car to drive to Detroit after seeing photos of the NFGT taking the Detroit Auto Show by storm. AMGT40-1 arrived to big dose of Wisconsin snow and sleet which put an exclamation point on what has already been a super-exciting, once in a lifetime, journey. Thank you Ford Motor Company for trusting me with one of your crowning achievements. Thank you Grinwald Ford in Watertown WI for believing this impossible journey was possible. Thank you Ford GT Concierges Sean and Mike for enduring my childlike enthusiasm for the last 5 years. It is a HUGE honor to join Ford in celebrating the important contributions of Alan Mann Racing by being the 1st to own the 2022 Alan Mann Heritage Edition Ford GT. I dream BIG, but the experience of having my car be the photo car featured in Ford’s press release, seeing Tom and Henry Mann (Alan Mann's sons) unveil AMGT40-1 at the Chicago Auto Show, meeting Ford's Historian Ted Ryan and hearing behind-the-scenes stories of the now legendary Ford v. Ferrari saga - well, it's all been HUGE. Thank you Multimatic Motorsports for a phenomenal build. Thank you Tom and Henry Mann of Alan Mann Racing for making Mary and me feel like extended family. I can’t wait to drive it and celebrate this Le Mans winning supercar with the memories each of you have already created, forever riding shotgun. And, finally, I can't wait to meet others in the Ford GT community who have generously shared their wisdom and passion for these cars on this forum. I've read all your words with interest and gratitude. Hope to see you on the road!

Attachments

• IMG_7268.jpeg
    IMG_7268.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 128
  • IMG_1142.jpeg
    IMG_1142.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 128
  • IMG_7251.jpeg
    IMG_7251.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 125
  • IMG_7263.jpeg
    IMG_7263.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 113
  • IMG_7266.jpeg
    IMG_7266.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 109
  • IMG_7273.jpeg
    IMG_7273.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 104
  • IMG_1156.jpeg
    IMG_1156.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 98
  • IMG_1138.jpeg
    IMG_1138.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 94
  • IMG_7265.jpeg
    IMG_7265.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 97
Last edited by a moderator:

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
Very nice indeed!
That's awesome, one of the nicest of the Heritage specs.
It was good talking with you at the Ford hospitality during Velocity Invitational.
Congrats! Hope to see you on the road.

Reactions: Mr.Peebles

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
That looks great!

JOETWINT

FORD GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 22, 2008
Brooklyn N.Y.
awesome

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Congratulations on your fantastic delivery of the first AMGT40-1! It is beautiful. Here’s to many years and miles of enjoyment and excitement with your New GT! Welcome to our crazy world of unbelievable ownership! Tomy

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
Simply gorgeous!!! Congratulations on an amazing car! Please enjoy it in good health!

GTinTN

GT Owner
Jan 17, 2019
Brentwood, TN
Great story and memories you now have!!!

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
Congratulations!!

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Going to need some ice studs on those tires! Huge congrats and looks amazing! Enjoy!

QD32

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 22, 2022
SoCal
Outstanding! Congrats and have fun with it!

daytrayd

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 23, 2010
Austin, TX
Congrats!! Such a special car!

JWZ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 17, 2013
Texas
Very nice! Congratulations! Keep her warm til Spring! Enjoy!

TF Stang

GT Owner
Jan 26, 2022
Absolutely stunning! Congrats.

SPI

Nov 28, 2018
Chicago
Congrats on the Heritage GT! It has been a long journey for me and my family as well. We will officially join the Ford GT club this summer with a 22 GT. Wisconsin is a great state to be in especially when you have Road America there!

Mr.Peebles

GT Owner
Jun 19, 2019
Congrats on the Heritage GT! It has been a long journey for me and my family as well. We will officially join the Ford GT club this summer with a 22 GT. Wisconsin is a great state to be in especially when you have Road America there!
I'm excited for you to finally receive your NFGT. It's been a really exciting ride for us and I'm sure it will be for you too. Enjoy!

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Congratulations Mr Peebles! I saw the car at the Chicago Auto Show. So beautiful in person.

Ed

Mr.Peebles

GT Owner
Jun 19, 2019
Thank you! I stood and stared at it for hours and it still didn’t feel real.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Awesome GT!! Congrats !!