Airbag Recall

usmcfred

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 26, 2006
Massachusetts
I received my letter from Ford yesterday indicating parts are now available for replacement of my Passenger Side Inflator. Of course, I've already put the GT away for the Winter in my heated facility.

I seem to recall a previous post or posts indicating Ford would send a Tech to the owner's premises and perform the R&R operation there. Is that true and if so, is this program still ongoing?

We've had a mild Winter thus far here in the People's Republic of Mass, but that will change soon, so it's either they come to me, or I wait until Spring and drive it to the dealer then.

Thanks for any input.

usmcfred

Last edited:

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I received my letter from Ford yesterday indicating parts are now available for replacement of my Driver's Side Inflator. Of course, I've already put the GT away for the Winter in my heated facility.

I seem to recall a previous post or posts indicating Ford would send a Tech to the owner's premises and perform the R&R operation there. Is that true and if so, is this program still ongoing?

We've had a mild Winter thus far here in the People's Republic of Mass, but that will change soon, so it's either they come to me, or I wait until Spring and drive it to the dealer then.

Thanks for any input.

usmcfred

For which recall number did they say parts are available? If the 2015 that's good news.

I would talk to your dealer about the on-site service and remind them that it is in the bulletin (or at least it was in the first one.)

Art138

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Weston,FL
My dealer, which is the largest in S Fllorida would not do a home call. I already did the first recall and now sitting on the second letter. I feel the first recall is good for at least another six years.

usmcfred

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 26, 2006
Massachusetts
For which recall number did they say parts are available? If the 2015 that's good news.

I would talk to your dealer about the on-site service and remind them that it is in the bulletin (or at least it was in the first one.)

Tony, It's for 14S28. Do you have a copy of the Notice indicating the on-site replacement option that you can scan and post?

Thanks ...

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Tony, It's for 14S28. Do you have a copy of the Notice indicating the on-site replacement option that you can scan and post?

Thanks ...

I posted a link to the .pdf file from Ford in one of the other topics on this subject. We're getting ready to run some errands so maybe someone can track it down if not I'll try to find it later.

However, 14S28 is the first recall, and you'll still need the 15B09 on top of that. The first recall is a bridge - the part can still fail but the clock is reset. the 15 recall is supposedly a "full fix". So with MA being a high humidity area (I lived there!) it might be a good idea to do both instead of waiting for the 15 recall. But if you wait until you pull the car from storage maybe the 15 recall parts will be available by then and only have to crack the wheel cover once.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
I posted a link to the .pdf file from Ford in one of the other topics on this subject. We're getting ready to run some errands so maybe someone can track it down if not I'll try to find it later.

However, 14S28 is the first recall, and you'll still need the 15B09 on top of that. The first recall is a bridge - the part can still fail but the clock is reset. the 15 recall is supposedly a "full fix". So with MA being a high humidity area (I lived there!) it might be a good idea to do both instead of waiting for the 15 recall. But if you wait until you pull the car from storage maybe the 15 recall parts will be available by then and only have to crack the wheel cover once.

Living in a very dry climate - due to the altitude, I will prefer not to have mine replaced under the 1st recall, as I don't know the environment where the replacements have been stored, and which may be a more humid area then where I live -

View attachment 40456

:facepalm:

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Living in a very dry climate - due to the altitude, I will prefer not to have mine replaced under the 1st recall, as I don't know the environment where the replacements have been stored, and which may be a more humid area then where I live -

View attachment 40456

:facepalm:
Assumption 1: Arid climate makes the inflaters safe.

Assumption 2: Replacement inflaters are affected by humidity.

ttn27

GT Owner
Sep 7, 2014

Just called my local dealership where I originally purchased my Heritage to schedule an annual service at the end of the month and they said they have parts for both 15S21 and 14S28. They said that my car was not affected by the 15B09 since this recall only apply to those cars produced from Feb. 2005 to Jan. 2006. This makes sense since I did not receive a letter for the 15B09 but I did receive a letter each separately for the 15S21 and the 14S28.

Sharona

GT Owner
Oct 28, 2015
SF Bay area
Do you actually live in Bodie. Ghostown?

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
New thread? What about the existing threads about the airbags?

Ed