OH/NC

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I've read about them before, and I recall hearing good things about them from the Viper world.

Personally, I think the GT is so uber-docile that it doesn't really need it. I suppose a flash downpour could be scary, but no TC will change the character of the rubber you're riding on. If I read their site correctly, traction is gained via cutting spark to reduce engine power. That could be a good or bad thing. Some traction control systems are just intrusive if they drastically alter the power you're expecting.

The "active handling" system from Chevy ( :willy ) is a good example of a system that combines a traditional traction control with selectively applied braking to keep you safe without killing the power unprepared. I'd never drive a high powered SVT Cobra with TC on, as even on the lowly GT it simply makes the car unpredictable...

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
not interested, one of the charms of the GT is a lack of electronic driver aids.

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I got caught in one of the heaviest downpours I've ever been in the first day I owned it. The water was as deep as it can get on a flat road and you could barely see. I was worried about the wide tires and was properly cautious but I experienced no tendency to hydroplane or pull when one tire hit deeper water than the other. I was very impressed and wouldn't worry about rain any more than I would in any other car.

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
sounds like a cool thing to have - as long as it can be adjusted to allow a little wheel spin to prevent the car from under steering too much...

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
one of 101 said:
sounds like a cool thing to have - as long as it can be adjusted to allow a little wheel spin to prevent the car from under steering too much...
I am with Bony on that one. Want no traction electronics at all, part of the charm of the car. And on the Ferraris, I switch it off aswell. Only useable in Race mode, the regular mode is just over protective for a good and instinctive driver, period. So what good is that !?

The GT is so much fun to oversteer, and also the easiest supercar to keep in control then, it's just impressive.

Keep the horse as is and get used to it, BoyZ!