Adam's Detail Spray vs. Zaino vs. Pinnacle

eshrink

GT Owner
May 21, 2006
Has anyone used Adam's Detail Spray (just heard of it) in comparison to Zaino Z-8 or Pinnacle's equivalent sprays. The latter two are not available in quantity, but Adam's products can be purchased in larger sizes.

Input appreciated. PM me if the topic is not of general interest.

- doc

lthlvpr

GT Owner
Mar 8, 2006
I have used all of the above. Zaino is decent stuff, but a pain to apply, etc.. Pinnacle Sovereign still gets the 'most shine' award with me. More recently, I have become fond of Rejex. Super easy on/off and great shine. As strange as it may sounds, Meguiar's new stuff (NXT) is very easy on/off and great shine as well (it is readily available which is a plus too).

With exotics, etc.. I choose products based upon shine and depth, NOT how long it lasts. Truth be told, most of us baby our cars. They rarely see rain/bad elements, and are frequently washed and waxed/polished. As a result durability ranks low on my priority list.

Hope this helps.

eshrink

GT Owner
May 21, 2006
Rejex is a new one on me. Where do you obtain it?

Polishing a car is an interesting way to relax. Turn on music, polish and detail. It is mindless and a great way to escape.

Well...it is at least an innocuous way to escape.

- doc

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
I am with you doc,

Polishing a car is an interesting way to relax.

I call the detail guy, (pray the little shxt shows up) Turn on music, open a good magazine, or get on the internet, while he is polishing and detailing. It is mindless and a great way to escape. :banana :cheers

eshrink

GT Owner
May 21, 2006
Bony:

Actually, I like doing the detailing. A $20 bottle of some over priced chemistry and seeing if it makes a difference...nice excuse to be outside in this insufferable heat yet not be devoured by it. Also, it is challenging to get anything to look its best and impossible to keep it that way...lawn, car...abs.

The GT is a rewarding car to detail; it gives good return on energy investment.

- doc

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
I use NXT and love it.

agentf1

Oct 21, 2005
Detailing is a hobby of mine and I have tried just about every product out there and have to say that Zaino is the best hands down. That being said Adams is a nice QD as is ClearKote Quick Shine but I still prefer Z6 or Z8 over either one of them. You can always cut the Z6 with distilled water to make it go a little further and it also helps when you are using it in hot weather or on a warm car, give that a try. Or if you really like the Adams you may want to look into Chemical Guys.

eshrink

GT Owner
May 21, 2006
What ratio do you personally use to cut Z6 and/or Z8, and when it comes to polish, do you still prefer Zaino?

Pinnacle Sovereign is a wax, not a polish, and I was never certain as to whether it was preferable or even had a role.

- doc

agentf1

Oct 21, 2005
eshrink said:
What ratio do you personally use to cut Z6 and/or Z8, and when it comes to polish, do you still prefer Zaino?

Pinnacle Sovereign is a wax, not a polish, and I was never certain as to whether it was preferable or even had a role.

- doc
I usually go with 70/30 Z6/Water but you can go as much as 50/50 without taking away from it too much. I usually have a 70/30 bottle and a full strength bottle and use the cut stuff when the car or weather is real warm.

I definitely think Zaino Z2p and Z5p polish is the best out there. :thumbsup I tried Pinnacle Souveran and while it did have a nice shine I did not think it was any better than Zaino and it has lousy durability, like 2 washes and it is gone. Good thing it is easy to apply. :ack :lol

eshrink

GT Owner
May 21, 2006
I use Z2 Pro w/ZFX added.

I really believe that somewhere out there is a polish or detailing spray that has more depth than I am getting.

Then again...perhaps not.

- doc

P.S. Thank you for the dilution recommendation(s).

agentf1

Oct 21, 2005
eshrink said:
I use Z2 Pro w/ZFX added.

I really believe that somewhere out there is a polish or detailing spray that has more depth than I am getting.

Then again...perhaps not.

- doc

P.S. Thank you for the dilution recommendation(s).
You cannot tell me that your Midnight Blue does not look unbelievable after a coat of Z8. :thumbsup

eshrink

GT Owner
May 21, 2006
I use only Zaino products. Thus far, nothing has been better for my black (and now my blue) car(s).

- doc