Accufab vs. Stillen vs. ???

ObeyMyFast!

GT Owner's son
May 5, 2009
San Diego
X pipe has been ordered. They just ran out, and are making more right now. Im so excited!

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
I would check out Shadowman's exhaust. Its sounds great and has the look of the original exhaust from the original Ford GT 40s. Really neat set up.

ObeyMyFast!

GT Owner's son
May 5, 2009
San Diego
:banana

Going on wednesday!

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 243

ObeyMyFast!

GT Owner's son
May 5, 2009
San Diego
I just got it installed. What a difference!

Its a little loud, but oh what a sound. Thanks for all the advice!

And no, i didnt get a before/after video :(

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Are you still loving this exhaust? Any drone? Did you buy direct from Accufab?

Thanks!

ObeyMyFast!

GT Owner's son
May 5, 2009
San Diego
Are you still loving this exhaust? Any drone? Did you buy direct from Accufab?

Thanks!

I did buy it directly from accufab. I did notice a good amount of drone, but then again the exhaust is pretty loud, and I dont know if its really drone or just the exhaust note...

I put up a video of me driving it around on youtube... just cruising around town, with a chase car. I will try to make a better video without wind noise :\ (I need to reload it, the quality was really messed up when I was converting) Search for accufab X pipe ford gt, or something like that.

I'm in china right now, so I cant get you the link (youtube is banned here). I worked really hard to try to convince my dad to go with it. The first time he drove it, he had an enormous grin on his face. Needless to say, you wont be dissapointed.

Customer service with accufab is very good. The quality of the welds is AMAZING. Good lock

Lorenzo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2008
U.S.A.
I think at the end of the day you will be happy with any of the above mentioned, my only word of caution is to remember that how they sound on U-Tube is not how they sound in person.
I can personaly say i have had more then one of the offerings and my current system { from Shadowman } is by far my favorite.

EDIT---WOW sorry for the delayed post for some reason my computer held on to this. Well anyway congrtatz on your choice and have fun.

Last edited:

BM SoCal

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 2, 2009
Orange County, CA
Love my Shadowman system as well, no regrets

BillyRay

GT Owner
May 5, 2008
Phoenix
I just got it installed. What a difference!

Its a little loud, but oh what a sound. Thanks for all the advice!

And no, i didnt get a before/after video :(

When I had the GT guys take off the stock 50 pounder and install the sweet looking musical horns..WOW......
PS: On early morning cruises here in AZ ( 6AM ) in my neighborhood I go very slow in 2nd gear to keep the noise to a minimum but when I hit the freeway its balls out baby:)

Attachments

• Gt Burn out 3.JPG
    Gt Burn out 3.JPG
    18.5 KB · Views: 115

Slow Poke

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2009
Bay Area
I have JBA headers, JBA cats, Accufab throttle body and Ford Racing Muffler. Sounds good to me. Louder with the headers than without but they added about 35 HP at the flywheel.