Accufab vs. Stillen vs. ???

ObeyMyFast!

GT Owner's son
May 5, 2009
San Diego
Alrighty, Im going to order an exhaust system at some point tonight, and wanted to know which one is the best. Stillen? Accufab? Other? They have been the cheapest I have seen so far, and wanted to know which one was the best.

Thanks!

dbackg

dbackg
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 28, 2009
Tempe, AZ
There is a mod that is "cheap" for the Ford GT??? :rofl

I always enjoy a good laugh on the weekend. thanks.

Personally. I own the Ford Racing Exhaust - M-9430-GTX = Highly recommend. :thumbsup

Another alternate option. FordGTForum.com sponsor vendor.
Muscle Motors - Canoga Park, CA - not far from SanDiego.
http://www.musclemotorsonline.com/contact-us/

Check out the youtube video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FojzaLdeOxU

Good luck.

Last edited:

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Alrighty, Im going to order an exhaust system at some point tonight, and wanted to know which one is the best. Stillen? Accufab? Other? They have been the cheapest I have seen so far, and wanted to know which one was the best.

Thanks!

When one boils it all down, there really is no "best". There's only "different". And there's not really much of that! 'Best thing to do is LISTEN to cars equipped with each & decide which sound you like best.

There's a thread somewhere 'round here that has a link to a vid containing audio of a buncha exhausts. I'll see if I can find it 4U.

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3051&highlight=exhaust+compilation

That link also has commentary on various 'systems that are NOT on the audio as well.

Last edited:

ObeyMyFast!

GT Owner's son
May 5, 2009
San Diego
^ Thanks for the video!

I think I'll go with the accufab... unless somebody here has something amazing to say about the Stillen.

ObeyMyFast!

GT Owner's son
May 5, 2009
San Diego
I cant order from Accufab until monday, so I have some more time to compare and drool over the videos :biggrin

EDIT: HAHA! I love what is written underneath my username! :cheers

Last edited:

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Jason Heffner and Shadowman also offer an exhaust. Ford has two options (one is moderate and one is balls out loud). I have not heard of any real problems with the currently available systems, except that some early production Borla systems had poor assembly issues. I am told that Borla will fix any problems tho.

Good luck

Last edited:

ObeyMyFast!

GT Owner's son
May 5, 2009
San Diego
PM Sent to shadowman

ObeyMyFast!

GT Owner's son
May 5, 2009
San Diego
Is there any advantage to having the Heffner exhaust over the Accufab? I noticed that they have a different design (one looks like an X pipe, and one looks like an H pipe.) Any sound or performance differences?

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Is there any advantage to having the Heffner exhaust over the Accufab? I noticed that they have a different design (one looks like an X pipe, and one looks like an H pipe.) Any sound or performance differences?

'Too slight to matter IMO.

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta

I don't know what difference there may be for sound or performance, but I do know that I LOVE my Heffner pipes!!!! :thumbsup

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Please don't forget the GTGuys exhaust. They posted some pictures recently.

AMB

GT Owner
Aug 29, 2005
San Diego,Ca.
ObeyMyFast

JBA makes a complete exhaust system for the GT. They make a header, cat/cat delete, and muffler for the GT!!! I have one on my GT. :thumbsup

paul b

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2006
If you want something outrageous try the Stainless system. I still have people just standing and waiting at shows to listen to the car to start.

ObeyMyFast!

GT Owner's son
May 5, 2009
San Diego
If you want something outrageous try the Stainless system. I still have people just standing and waiting at shows to listen to the car to start.

Made by who?

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Listening to the sound on youtube will not do much for you. These differences are such that you need to hear them in person. I would visit some local car shows to see what shows up and request a performance. However, you will be able to hear them all at the Rally.

ObeyMyFast!

GT Owner's son
May 5, 2009
San Diego

Those systems may be a tat bit too loud for our neighborhood :eek

We'll see how paps likes the X pipe first, them we might think about headers :thumbsup

By the way, I plan on getting a good before/after video posted. (I cant guarantee anything about sound quality...)

Thanks for all the help guys, I really appreciate it!

paul b

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2006
You may want to visit Cars and Coffee Saturday morning, there are usually a few GT,s. You can hear my car with the stainless system and hopefully a few others.

GT35065

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
As far as looks go, I prefer the tips on the Heffner exhaust. Very classy looking, IMO. Don't think there is a huge diff in sound between the Heffner and the Accufab. They are both open pipe design, using the cats to keep it from being over the top loud. One has X-pipe, one crossover tube.

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
As far as looks go, I prefer the tips on the Heffner exhaust. Very classy looking, IMO. Don't think there is a huge diff in sound between the Heffner and the Accufab. They are both open pipe design, using the cats to keep it from being over the top loud. One has X-pipe, one crossover tube.

I am no expert on GT exhausts, but I recently installed the Heffner exhaust and have to agree it looks and sounds great. I use Corsa on my Vipers and CTS-V and they are great as well. I am surprised Corsa does not have a GT system (that I know of).

I also agree that Youtube comparisons are of little value.