AC putting water on feet

cedarstang

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Now that it is getting warmer down here in FL. I put my A/C on and I am getting drips of water on both the driver and passenger foot wells. It is a good sum of water, from the A/C. Has anyone run in to this. I have not found the normal tube were the water should run under the car.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
This HAS been mentioned B4. I tried a "search" and couldn't come up with it. Maybe you'll have better luck!

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
I believe there are some little insulators that someone was selling to help this problem. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you have an X1 right? I'm sure the problem is worse on that car being an open air car....

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Now that it is getting warmer down here in FL. I put my A/C on and I am getting drips of water on both the driver and passenger foot wells. It is a good sum of water, from the A/C. Has anyone run in to this. I have not found the normal tube were the water should run under the car.

I found water on my passenger side once but could not figure out where it was coming from. It was on the Red GT that does not see much road time. I have never tried to duplicate the condition. Sorry I know this didn't help...:bored

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
The insulators were made by AnalogDesigner to cover the water pipes coming into the drivers compartment on the right lower side of the center stack. They were meant to insulate the drivers compartment front heat and nothing else. You should probably check the drain tube which comes out on the right front (behind the wheel) of the car. Need to see best on a lift. There are some old posts about this here with pics. Left side drain is for the windshield washer overflow.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
If you remove the kick-plate on the passenger side, you will find the freon in/out tubes (copper piping). I insulated mine with standard AC insulation from Home Depot. I did it more for noise insulation than water issues, but I did notice condensation on the pipes. I doubt this is your issue but I might be a good place to start poking around.

Aug 25, 2006

There are two drains located on plastic nipples under the dash; one on each side and I suspect that the hoses were not installed.

If I can be of assistance PM me and I will share more information.

Takes care

Shadowman

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
There is a "banned" member who fought the same problem at Rally I.

They took his car being an early 05 and had the AC manufacture take it apart and fix it.... He bought a Saleen 281 that week end to beat on something...

Sam who?

cedarstang

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Thanks

Thanks for all the info and yes Shelbylite it is an X1. As soon as I get back to WI. in May I will put it on my lift and check the drain hose. Till then I will follow Shadowman advice to see if the two hose are on the plastic nipples are there. Thanks again for all your help.

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Mine does this too.

Fortunately it never actually gets what is technically known as 'warm' in the UK. :lol