A.R.T. TT conversion pics

Cody

GT Owner
Feb 1, 2007
Bee Cave/Lakeway,TX
How does your turbo bearing oiling system work?

Each turbo is fed oil straight from a supply in the block.

Cody

GT Owner
Feb 1, 2007
Bee Cave/Lakeway,TX
It actually gives it some "GIVE" as your exhaust gets quite hot and expands and contracts. The flew pipe gives it some "WIGGLE ROOM"

Yep as stated the flex pipe helps with those tight bend areas that get very hot.

Beach-GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 8, 2006
Seminole Florida
Each turbo is fed oil straight from a supply in the block.

Are the returns going into the oil pan? What are the lines going to the valve covers?

Cody

GT Owner
Feb 1, 2007
Bee Cave/Lakeway,TX
Are the returns going into the oil pan? What are the lines going to the valve covers?

Yes if you look at the last picture that is the oil returns into the pan. Those are our custom PCV lines to catch can.

kumar

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2007
Dallas
Cody, have you guys had good luck with the black coating?

My turbos had the black coating and it did not hold up at all so we are redoing them with the ceramic/silver stuff.

Cody

GT Owner
Feb 1, 2007
Bee Cave/Lakeway,TX
Cody, have you guys had good luck with the black coating?

My turbos had the black coating and it did not hold up at all so we are redoing them with the ceramic/silver stuff.

We've had great luck with it! Who are you using for coating? The black ceramic coating that we use is rated to 2000 degrees and the silver is only rated to 1600. We've been using this stuff on the Viper TT and you know how cramped and hot those pipes get.

silver1331

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2008
Chicago, IL
Wow nice one Doc! sounds like you got a great deal as well!

maybe i should have stayed pre-med...:biggrin

kumar

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2007
Dallas
We've had great luck with it! Who are you using for coating? The black ceramic coating that we use is rated to 2000 degrees and the silver is only rated to 1600. We've been using this stuff on the Viper TT and you know how cramped and hot those pipes get.

The turbos already came coated from Turbonetics and pretty much all of it is gone after 6 weeks.

Beach-GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 8, 2006
Seminole Florida
Yes if you look at the last picture that is the oil returns into the pan. Those are our custom PCV lines to catch can.

Is the normal PCV system defunct then? My turbo causes a lot of blow by into the crank case under high boost in my Mustang. It blows out the breather. I'm betting that little catch can breather is not going to do alot to stop the oil mist.

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Is the normal PCV system defunct then? My turbo causes a lot of blow by into the crank case under high boost in my Mustang. It blows out the breather. I'm betting that little catch can breather is not going to do alot to stop the oil mist.

Pushrod motors are way worse than mod motors on blow by, due to the small bore size they keep alot better ring seal. Mod motors don't seam to need much even with 30lbs of boost.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
If you look at the old threads, StormCat had a trick system with instructions and parts to put a trap in place.

streetking

GT Owner
Jan 30, 2008
I dropped off my Challenger today for the 440 conversion. I got to take a good look at your car today, everything looks great. It looks like it may be done shortly! Congrats, your going to love it..

SW

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
Thanks, SW. I'm planning to be up there Saturday to pick it up. Let me know if you want to get together. You have to give me the details on the Stroker M5 and the Challenger.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
stroker M5? when you going up to austin I might want to come with you.

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
Yeah, he did the Dinan 5.7 stroker. I am planning on bringing it back on Saturday, if the weather cooperates.

Beach-GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 8, 2006
Seminole Florida
If you look at the old threads, StormCat had a trick system with instructions and parts to put a trap in place.

I built one for my car and it collects an amazing amount of oil on a track day. Probably an ounce.

Thugboat

GT Owner
Jan 20, 2009
Humble Texas
Sanjay,

Can't wait to see it, and hear it!!! Maybe a lunch soon?

Larry

ps-please do not forget the belt

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
Larry,

Cody has it stored with all the other stock parts in a box. I'll have it back here for you this weekend.

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
Cody is wrapping up the install! It should be running VERY soon. I love the matte black powdercoating.

Attachments

• DSC00569.jpg
    DSC00569.jpg
    259.4 KB · Views: 459
  • DSC00570.jpg
    DSC00570.jpg
    249.2 KB · Views: 455
  • DSC00572.jpg
    DSC00572.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 368
  • DSC00573.jpg
    DSC00573.jpg