A big thanks and a shoutout to a great asset to our community!!

GTED

GT Owner
Apr 4, 2006
Now that the neg terminal is secured, there's one potential minor benefit I noticed. During the couple of times I drove the GT prior to the incident, I noticed that the "blipping" sound when using the signal lights was exceedingly louder than normal. Now, after the neg terminal is tightened, the blipping sound a much much lower. So, for those who noticed the sound is getting louder than normal, you might want to just loosen up the 10mm bolt, clean the connection and make sure it is re-tighten'd. This could be a coincident, but there's nothing to loose.

Ed

SSRob

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 9, 2012
Oklahoma
The latest impressive self defense ammo is the R.I.P. from G2Research. Hard to find right now but check it out.

Thanks for the tip on the 10mm. I'm ordering that metric socket set to keep behind the seat.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
The latest impressive self defense ammo is the R.I.P. from G2Research.

Evidently not everyone is impressed:

http://bearingarms.com/exposing-g2-researchs-radically-over-hyped-projectile/

So, 'guess it just depends on whose 'agenda' is less suspect as to whom one should believe.

All I know is I wouldn't want to get hit with the stuff! If there were an artery/major organ within 6 inches of the impact point in any direction odds are someone is going bye-bye.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
A jam did occur during these test with a Glock.

How many rounds at what cost would you need to run through your gun to be satisfied that they are reliable in you pistol?

How would a jury in my state of CA view the marketing hype of these round?

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...searchs-rip-ammo-ballistic-testing-phase-one/
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...searchs-rip-ammo-ballistic-testing-phase-two/

I could say a lot about this – such as that it’s irresponsible, or even offensive to the very essence of self defense (which is about stopping an attack, not about killing the attacker). If a prosecutor could prove that you intended and set about to kill an attacker, your claim of self defense might just go out the window. Will marketing like this help your case? Depending on your lawyers, the prosecutor, and whether it’s a criminal or civil suit, it may or may not matter. But I can certainly say that this over-the-top presentation makes me appreciate the restraint and more responsible branding of, oh, for example, Hornady’s Critical Defense

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Come to Florida. You can shoot anyone who looks at you cross-eyed. I was actually surprised when Sinovac pointed out we have laws here. I'm sure they're just guidelines.

btw, jamming a Glock takes some weak ammo. Did anyone actually read that article? How could so many words be written with no actual meaning?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Last edited:

SSRob

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 9, 2012
Oklahoma
Personally if I'm defending myself against an armed attacker, their survival is the last thing I care about. Stopping an attack may just mean killing your attacker. Not something I'm walking around waiting to do by the way, but I will if need be.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Uuuuuuuh...major "thread drift" alert...

('Apologies for my part in helping to spawn it.)

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Uuuuuuuh...major "thread drift" alert...

('Apologies for my part in helping to spawn it.)

True, but I will add my 2 cents anyway. You guys relying on pistols for personal protection should be using nothing but ball ammo for a variety of reasons, not the least of which is reliability. A revolver is a much, much better choice, but that is another discussion entirely.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
True, but I will add my 2 cents anyway. You guys relying on pistols for personal protection should be using nothing but ball ammo for a variety of reasons, not the least of which is reliability. A revolver is a much, much better choice, but that is another discussion entirely.

Taking a poll on that very question.

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/s...-defense-handgun-ammunition-ball-FMJ-or-other

Last edited: