911, bringing back the manual

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
For us idiots that actually enjoy a manual....

Reactions: Vince H

33Bravo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 3, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Fantastic!

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
For us idiots that actually enjoy a manual....

Come' on now, you learned that when you were in Atlanta at the Porsche Tech Center a few weeks ago - right?? ;-))

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
So a depressing thought on manuals, and their ultimate death. It might be less about customer take rate, but the transition to hybrid, that will end it.

Nope, I wasn't on a fancy tour getting all the "insider" details.

Come' on now, you learned that when you were in Atlanta at the Porsche Tech Center a few weeks ago - right?? ;-))

Reactions: Vince H

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Fear not. I am predicting a consumer revolt to the 1/2 speed CVT/autos in the new alternative powertrains.

Probably some unsuspecting State, like South Dakota, will take a strong, California-like stance, and mandate the use of manual transmissions. 😁

Absent that, the price of older, well maintained manual trans cars will skyrocket. Not a completely absurd proposition if the cost of the new stuff really escalates as I imagine it will.

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
A car company that gets it- I can’t wait ... Dankeschon Oliver Blume

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I just bought a manual Jeep Wrangler. I live in a county with a million people and a bunch of Jeep dealers. Jeeps are literally at every corner. There were only 9 manual transmission Jeeps in stock in the county. 9. It's a Jeep. By the way, it's a piece of crap. I'm patiently waiting for the Bronco.

Reactions: Special K

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
I just bought a manual Jeep Wrangler. I live in a county with a million people and a bunch of Jeep dealers. Jeeps are literally at every corner. There were only 9 manual transmission Jeeps in stock in the county. 9. It's a Jeep. By the way, it's a piece of crap. I'm patiently waiting for the Bronco.
Everyone I know that owns a Jeep built in this century have a love-hate relationship with them. They love the image and lifestyle the Jeep portrays, but hate everything else about them. I truly believe the Bronco will decimate Jeep sales in the very near future.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Yep. These new Jeeps are Fiat-Chryslers. Poor quality double whammy. A sun visor breaks at 3000 miles. Really? A sun visor? The seat recliner mechanism on the driver seat busted shortly thereafter. The seat back would not return to its upright position, so I had to drive it Quasimodo style to get it home. I guess this was a lucky break since being hunched over kept the sun out of my eyes in the absence of a visor. The Rube Goldberg-inspired cable and plastic seat mechanism is a testament to value engineering run amok. When I took it to the dealer I was advised there were already recalls on 3 other things. It’s definitely a Jeep thing.

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Good call by Porsche!