832 hp Ford GT Wow!

ladams1

GT Owner
Jan 1, 2007
Central Florida
I live in a small development with less than 72 homes and we have 4 FGT's. i have 1 and my neigbhor has 3 FGT's. :cheers

He replaced the standard supercharger with he called the Whipple unit. he down loaded an update to the cars electronics. He has the 23 pulley and pulls he saiyd 832 hp.

He took me for a ride last night. To be honest I was not expecting much. It was the fasted car I have every been in! The car has docile good manners just like the Normal FGT. When you get into the throttle in becomes a beast.
I walked away impressed.

He said the unit cost $10,600 to purchase. It took him about 6 hours to install the unit an load the software.

Lee :banana

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I live in a small development with less than 72 homes and we have 4 FGT's. i have 1 and my neigbhor has 3 FGT's. :cheers

He replaced the standard supercharger with he called the Whipple unit. he down loaded an update to the cars electronics. He has the 23 pulley and pulls he saiyd 832 hp.

He took me for a ride last night. To be honest I was not expecting much. It was the fasted car I have every been in! The car has docile good manners just like the Normal FGT. When you get into the throttle in becomes a beast.
I walked away impressed.

He said the unit cost $10,600 to purchase. It took him about 6 hours to install the unit an load the software.

There are several folks here on the Forum who've installed the Whipple setup and who've subsequently had the same reaction!:lol

dgussin1

Jul 6, 2006
Chicago, Il

I walked away impressed.

lol...you should try the twin turbo unit that makes over 1000 hp.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Is he running high octane racing gas? I don't think you get get to that level on 92 octane pump gas in FL. CA is worse at 91.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
at 23 psi i would have two tunes - one for 100 octane unleaded and one for 104 octane unleaded. i would run 100 octane on the street and 104 at the track. run headers and take the cats out and put 02 sims in an turn up the boost to 25 psi and have 1 tune for 104 octane unleaded and one tune for 110 leaded. with 25 psi and a 110 octane tune i bet you could make 900 rwhp. this would make for a very trick 1 mile top speed shootout car. i bet you could max out 5th gear in 1 mile.......

fyi - whipple has tested their 3.3L supercharger to 30 psi.

Last edited:

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
I guess that you would need to switch pulleys along with programing for different boost levels?

dgussin1

Jul 6, 2006
Chicago, Il
at 23 psi i would have two tunes - one for 100 octane unleaded and one for 104 octane unleaded. i would run 100 octane on the street and 104 at the track. run headers and take the cats out and put 02 sims in an turn up the boost to 25 psi and have 1 tune for 104 octane unleaded and one tune for 110 leaded. with 25 psi and a 110 octane tune i bet you could make 900 rwhp. this would make for a very trick 1 mile top speed shootout car. i bet you could max out 5th gear in 1 mile.......

fyi - whipple has tested their 3.3L supercharger to 30 psi.

fyi you don't need 02 sims on fords with EEC5 and EEC4, you can turn the rear 02's off in the tune.

ladams1

GT Owner
Jan 1, 2007
Central Florida
832 hp WOW

Is he running high octane racing gas? I don't think you get get to that level on 92 octane pump gas in FL. CA is worse at 91.

Great point. He uses 93 octane pump gas and adds an additive. He gave me a bottle it is called Octane Supreme 130. The label says it boosts octane 2 to 16 points etc.

I wrote poorly the 23 number i referenced is the pulley number. I assumed this was the number of teeth. It is not. It is the boost in PSI the pully will give you, hence a 23 is 23 PSI of boost. The kit lets you buy with #'s, 19, 21 or 23 which 23 giving the most boost.

The other poster is correct i.e. with the whipple SC you need to down load new software for the on board computer. If you change pullies you must download adjustments to the software.

My mind is still spinning with the power and acceleration this modified FGT exhibited. I do not know nor does he if he really is getting 832 hp. I do know the performance is unbelieveable! I feel like I am driving a SUV compared to his FGT :cheers

I was at the Ford dealer yesterday and i talked to the lead mechanic. This guy is a personal; freind and he does work on 4 of my sport cars. He told me the warranty is violated if the change is made. This is no surprise to me but my freind said the warranty stays valid.

Last edited:

socal28

Apr 23, 2007
I was at the Ford dealer yesterday and i talked to the lead mechanic. This guy is a personal; freind and he does work on 4 of my sport cars. He told me the warranty is violated if the change is made. This is no surprise to me but my freind said the warranty stays valid.

Did he say it violates it or stays valid? :confused

Also, to other, what are the concerns for the engine itself. Are the stock components strong enough to handle this much power for a long duration (say going 150mph for an hour)?

ladams1

GT Owner
Jan 1, 2007
Central Florida
832 hp WOW

Did he say it violates it or stays valid? :confused

Also, to other, what are the concerns for the engine itself. Are the stock components strong enough to handle this much power for a long duration (say going 150mph for an hour)?

I did not ask the question the way you did. He said Ford would not honor the warrranty. i followed up saying " you mean I am on my own" he said yes. It makes sense to me that it violates the Warranty. The real unanswered question is what does Ford offer for HP enhancement if anything and is it warrantied?

I do not know enough about the Ford engine to anwser your question other to say the obvious which is "It goes away from goodness" to protect your engine and the entire drivetrain for that matter. This is why I am not going to do anything to my FGT. It stays stock, besides it is fast enough.

But i still got to say WOW! :banana

FYI, I ran across a web site that was selling FGT motors complete. This was last year and was $42K.

Lee

Last edited:

ladams1

GT Owner
Jan 1, 2007
Central Florida
832 Hp

We're about to do several upgrades to a GT here at the shop, installing a Polished Whipple & Tune, along with a few other mods of course!! I'm interested to see what the final result will be, but I'll be sure to post some results.

Please I would be interested in the actual HP and Torque curves before and after. Plus any other details you can share