634.7rwhp and 551.4rwtq

davefordgt

GT Owner
Feb 10, 2006
This is what my tuner sent me last night.

The last logged pull #17 tonight. Your daily 91 octane tune is 634.7rwhp and 551.4rwtq. The numbers are impressive as we had 16 logged pulls prior to the money run. This is at real operating temps and no ice ever installed in cooler or on top of engine trying to fudge #s. You have the baddest ride on the planet..... Holy #?.!£~..... It is the smoothest missle I have ever driven. We finished on the dyno at midnight. You will be
pleased. We still have minor work to be done. I will keep you posted.
I am going to sleep.
Brian

If you are in Souther Ca he is the man to go to .

Brain B&D Racing. 1-818-992-3278. He is a real tuner. There are a few other guys around but they dont even own their own dyno. They rent it from Brian. There is a big difference between tuner and he let me put on a sct and get you a #.

Next step is to due a 100 octane track tune.

I am on the list for the new 3.3 Whipple and Mass Air from whipple. It should be ready in 2 weeks. They have to send the Mass Air to ford to get a flow rate on it. Accufab is also working on a larger throttle body.

When I get to 700 RWHP, I will stop. I still need adj coil overs, slicks, and a few other things. My goal is not to have the most HP, but to have the most balanced track car. Most of these guys building a huge HP monster cant even drive the car on a track with skill.

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
Nice!

Very impressive! Can you post some images of the BEFORE and AFTER dyno charts. Just curious to see what the shape of the torque curve looks like?

With power figures like that, I would be damn careful as to who is allowed to test drive it!

Thanks for the update, Jay

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
634 rwhp on 91 octane is :cool do you have headers or any kind of exhaust modz?? i assume this was done with the stock blower?

kosupply

GT Owner/Board of Directors
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 27, 2006
Houston
davefordgt said:
This is what my tuner sent me last night.

The last logged pull #17 tonight. Your daily 91 octane tune is 634.7rwhp and 551.4rwtq. The numbers are impressive as we had 16 logged pulls prior to the money run. This is at real operating temps and no ice ever installed in cooler or on top of engine trying to fudge #s. You have the baddest ride on the planet..... Holy #?.!£~..... It is the smoothest missle I have ever driven. We finished on the dyno at midnight. You will be
pleased. We still have minor work to be done. I will keep you posted.
I am going to sleep.
Brian

If you are in Souther Ca he is the man to go to .

Brain B&D Racing. 1-818-992-3278. He is a real tuner. There are a few other guys around but they dont even own their own dyno. They rent it from Brian. There is a big difference between tuner and he let me put on a sct and get you a #.

Next step is to due a 100 octane track tune.

I am on the list for the new 3.3 Whipple and Mass Air from whipple. It should be ready in 2 weeks. They have to send the Mass Air to ford to get a flow rate on it. Accufab is also working on a larger throttle body.

When I get to 700 RWHP, I will stop. I still need adj coil overs, slicks, and a few other things. My goal is not to have the most HP, but to have the most balanced track car. Most of these guys building a huge HP monster cant even drive the car on a track with skill.

I would be curious what racing tires you go with...I have been running mine at Motor Sport Ranch Houston....stock tires have to go!! Checkout my web....go to links to see track pics...They tell me there is not a suitable race tire that will maintain proper front and rear ride heighth...

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
pirelli 255/35/18 for front, pirelli pcorsa unidirectional 355/45/19 soft compound on rear. i have the rear pirellis and giant traction difference

davefordgt

GT Owner
Feb 10, 2006
kosupply said:
I would be curious what racing tires you go with...I have been running mine at Motor Sport Ranch Houston....stock tires have to go!! Checkout my web....go to links to see track pics...They tell me there is not a suitable race tire that will maintain proper front and rear ride heighth...

The slicks from GOODYEAR will be out in april. Will match specs for stock tires, except fronts willl be a little bit wider.

davefordgt

GT Owner
Feb 10, 2006
Fast Freddy said:
634 rwhp on 91 octane is :cool do you have headers or any kind of exhaust modz?? i assume this was done with the stock blower?

Cat delte pipes, muffler, 2.78 pulley, 91 octane on street tune. Will always run 100 or better at the track.

I wanted to be 100% safe on the street. He did do some pulls at 670rwhp, but did not like the air/fuel. I am sure will 100 octane it could be at 700rwhp, but will wait on the new MAF, Throttle Body, and Whipple for more HP.

The car is really sick at this point. My chest hurts when I punch it at 5000rpm in 3rd gear. Not to mention I can spin the tires in 4th grear at 5000 rpm. I have never in my life had a car with this kind of raw power. For sure I will need the slicks for the track, otherwise it will be spin city. I will get my tuner to e-mail me the dyno sheets so I can post them online.

As of now on 91 octane i am at 11.8 @ 2919 rpm's up to 11.5 @ 6621 rpm's. SO am right where I want to be for now. The boost gauge also just pings past 15lbs on command.

davefordgt

GT Owner
Feb 10, 2006
As you can see I went from 526.6 hp & 479.3 tq to 634.7 hp & 551.4 tq.

So my gains where 108 hp and 72 tq. Talk about one crazy car. It is almost use less at this point with out the slicks.

Attachments

• Stock Run Ford GT.JPG
    Stock Run Ford GT.JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 300
  • 2.8 Pulley, Exhaust, Tune.JPG
    2.8 Pulley, Exhaust, Tune.JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 152

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
The graph doesn't show the torque values for the modified engine below about 2200 rpm. From the shape of the curve it appears that the torque is substantialy lower in the 0 to 1900 rpm range compared the stock engine. Tradeoffs. Faster modified, but worst if you are crusing at low rpm. Of course no one ever would drive the GT this way!

BlackICE

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
BlackICE said:
The graph doesn't show the torque values for the modified engine below about 2200 rpm. From the shape of the curve it appears that the torque is substantialy lower in the 0 to 1900 rpm range compared the stock engine. Tradeoffs. Faster modified, but worst if you are crusing at low rpm. Of course no one ever would drive the GT this way!

BlackICE

BlackICE,

Don't you think that the slope of the curves below 2,200 still "look" better with the new setup? It's not quite as steep? The torque value at 2,200 is still improved over the stock pull. You wouldn't spend much time there either...
Jay

davefordgt

GT Owner
Feb 10, 2006
Not sure about that one. Could be the roll on point for the dyno when he was tuning. All I know is that car is a Beast when I got it back. As fast as it was before. It is scary how much power it has know. Do you know how your chest feels when you go down a big roller coaster. That is the same pressure you get in 1st to 4th gear in the GT now.

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
davefordgt said:
Not sure about that one. Could be the roll on point for the dyno when he was tuning. All I know is that car is a Beast when I got it back. As fast as it was before. It is scary how much power it has know. Do you know how your chest feels when you go down a big roller coaster. That is the same pressure you get in 1st to 4th gear in the GT now.

You lucky guy! All of sudden, now I'm having a bad case of "the wants". Jay

davefordgt

GT Owner
Feb 10, 2006
I have a bad case of the wants all the time. I have learned to turn my wants to needs. Then I dont have so many wants.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
davefordgt said:
Cat delte pipes, muffler, 2.78 pulley, 91 octane on street tune. Will always run 100 or better at the track.

I wanted to be 100% safe on the street. He did do some pulls at 670rwhp, but did not like the air/fuel. I am sure will 100 octane it could be at 700rwhp, but will wait on the new MAF, Throttle Body, and Whipple for more HP.

The car is really sick at this point. My chest hurts when I punch it at 5000rpm in 3rd gear. Not to mention I can spin the tires in 4th grear at 5000 rpm. I have never in my life had a car with this kind of raw power. For sure I will need the slicks for the track, otherwise it will be spin city. I will get my tuner to e-mail me the dyno sheets so I can post them online.

As of now on 91 octane i am at 11.8 @ 2919 rpm's up to 11.5 @ 6621 rpm's. SO am right where I want to be for now. The boost gauge also just pings past 15lbs on command.

very nice setup. i like the way this was done. sounds to me like we think alike. :cheers

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
Now we need a new boost gauge!

By the way things are looking, maybe we need to have someone design a new "exact looking" replacement vacuum/boost gauge that reads up to 25 PSI or so! Jay

Last edited:

davefordgt

GT Owner
Feb 10, 2006
Yeah stupid that ford only did 15lbs when stock runs 12. Does not give you much room. Should of been 20 from the factory. Although it is cool to watch it spin down and past the readings.

satx

Aug 25, 2005
Dana Point
analogdesigner said:
By the way things looking, maybe we need to have someone design a new "exact looking" replacement vacuum/boost gauge that reads up to 25 PSI or so! Jay

I agree.