New Braunfels, Texas
Crazy pricing. It is an ask....

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Wow, that is just plain crazy. That's my old stomping grounds, used to be called Kemp Ford.

Reactions: Iconic GT

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
ADM = flushing $ down the toilet.

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
ADM = flushing $ down the toilet.
This is just plain crazy!

What a world we live in!

Greed up; quality of life down.

This is ridiculous, but it's always about the money.

Crazy thing is, someone will probably pay it. More money than brains.

Perhaps Ford was right with their 2 year restriction on NGT resale, but then again, look at the prices of initial resales. Mission not accomplished???

Just ranting. Couldn't sleep, but again, I still think it's crazy.

I'm waking up and calming down, so Merry Xmas to all. Chemicals on the roads here, so no chance of Santa arriving in any kind of a GT this year. Bummer.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Another perspective, if their intent was to create buzz, and attention, its working. I have now seen several threads, news stories on sites like Autoblog, all talking about this. Their cost to get this exposure was ZERO....

Keep fanning the flames for them.

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
Bill Brown Ford in Livonia, MI $95K . JOHN DeSOURMO

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
If that is a base model, still sounds like a $20K markup.

Iconic GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 30, 2017
New Braunfels, Texas
Bill Brown Ford in Livonia, MI $95K . JOHN DeSOURMO

Scott the Golden Ticket car fully loaded with technology package, Carbon Package and cover comes to 105,980.00

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Koons Ford was horrible when I was looking for a GT350R. Always the highest ADM and not willing to negotiate.

I just read about a dealer in CA charging $169k for a GT500.

Glad Ford did us right with the NFGT.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Gentlemen,

This is totally rational pricing. When the 2005 GT came out some dealers were asking $350,000 and a few got it. That's was $167,000 for the GT and $183,000 to be the first kid on the block to have one. If you want a GT500 RIGHT NOW then pay the freight. If you want to pay MSRP then you have to wait until others buyers willing to pay ADM get theirs. The market will decide who gets the first GT500's. I want one too but I'm happy to wait until the frenzy dies down. I had to wait a year and a half to buy my 2006 GT at MSRP and it will probably take that long for the GT500 to get there as well. The cars will be available at MSRP in time and you can order one then. There are only two ways to allocate any scarce item, with a price or with a line. Merry Christmas.

Chip

Iconic GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 30, 2017
New Braunfels, Texas
Gentlemen,

This is totally rational pricing. When the 2005 GT came out some dealers were asking $350,000 and a few got it. That's was $167,000 for the GT and $183,000 to be the first kid on the block to have one. If you want a GT500 RIGHT NOW then pay the freight. If you want to pay MSRP then you have to wait until others buyers willing to pay ADM get theirs. The market will decide who gets the first GT500's. I want one too but I'm happy to wait until the frenzy dies down. I had to wait a year and a half to buy my 2006 GT at MSRP and it will probably take that long for the GT500 to get there as well. The cars will be available at MSRP in time and you can order one then. There are only two ways to allocate any scarce item, with a price or with a line. Merry Christmas.

Chip

Chip I have a Golden Ticket car coming.. How much I don't know. We will see and I will keep all posted!

Merry Christmas to you and Peggy!

Reactions: ChipBeck and Apollo

Revans134

GT Owner
Feb 3, 2019
Scottsdale
I have a golden ticket car carbon track package car coming purchased locally in Scottsdale for a very small ADM, being built, should be here in March to replace my GT350. Couldn’t get a new FGT but can’t wait to flog the GT500 around the track. It will spend more time at the track than in my garage!
Ron

FGT899

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 10, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
I have a golden ticket car carbon track package car coming purchased locally in Scottsdale for a very small ADM, being built, should be here in March to replace my GT350. Couldn’t get a new FGT but can’t wait to flog the GT500 around the track. It will spend more time at the track than in my garage!
Ron

Can't wait to see it around town! Still have yet to see one in the wild...

Reactions: ChipBeck

JOETWINT

FORD GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 22, 2008
Brooklyn N.Y.
I have a CFTP GT500 coming in first 1/4 of 2020 I had to pay a small ADM on but I also am doing my NFGT purchase there so that helped.There were guys 3 deep willing to pay 25k over for it.

Revans134

GT Owner
Feb 3, 2019
Scottsdale
Scheduled to start build in Jan for late March Delivery. although 100 less horses than my whipple powered GT 350 those 2016’s were just not made with hold up to track use like the later models were so hopefully the GT500 will be built with to hold up to actual track use

Oct 14, 2009
Alberta, Canada
what was the issue with the 16's? Why didn't they hold up?

QSS

Revans134

GT Owner
Feb 3, 2019
Scottsdale
No oil cooler, weak stock clutch, no trans cooler so after even 6-12 hot laps around a road course oil temp was 285-295 and goes into limp mode. At a local airport for No Fly events even before the whipple was installed the stock clutch was getting hot after about 8-10 runs and was Slipping with every shift

2016 you ordered the tech or track package, in 2017 they added the coolers even if you ordered the tech package after finding out how many overheated and a few burnt to the ground. I had heard of a few lawsuits involved from owners of 2015-2016 with Ford over the marketing of being “Track ready” when they clearly weren’t unless they were the R model but lawsuits just aren’t my style

RickH

GT Owner
Mar 5, 2015
Florida

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
That guy spells it out, just fishing.

Also mentions his reserve, which is $100 more than the current bid. Be interesting to see if he gets what he wants...... and follows through if he does.

Iconic GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 30, 2017
New Braunfels, Texas
Vinyl stripes????