50 shades of red...

HighHP

GT Owner
Jun 3, 2019
Spokane, WA
Yes, I caught the disclaimer, but how could anyone really be sure what the general public's preferences are?

What if the observations were made at the "I love red cars" car show? About the only way I can personally trust color preferences is by sales #'s. Judging by all the white and beige vehicles on the road, I don't think red is even in the running.

BTW, this is all in fun on this side of the discussion (hard to pick up in text).

Further clarification:
My purely subjective observations of purely subjective general public reaction at classic/premeire car shows. Not necessarily representative of general public purchases of utility use vehicle.
Further supported by the top selling color for the 05-06 FGT and equivalent Ferrari's.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Further supported by the top selling color for the 05-06 FGT and equivalent Ferrari's.

How many of those red cars are ordered by the purchaser vs. being spec-built by the manufacturer?

The most common color of the spec-built '67 Shelbys was Lime Gold and 50+ years later has a long history of being despised by nearly everyone, even the Shelby faithful.

Button

Jul 11, 2009
Iowa
Ford's magma red is fantastic. Almost black in poor lighting conditions, but when the sun hits it's like a metallic black cherry. Gorgeous.

HighHP

GT Owner
Jun 3, 2019
Spokane, WA
^^^isn't that pretty subjective?

Personally, applying that to my own subjective opinion, I would not have fallen into any of your descriptive categories.

For example, when it comes to Ferraris, the only colors I am drawn to are those not-red.

Red Ferrari? Meh, have seen it a million times. Metallic brown Ferrari? Now we're talking.

1592332777144.png

Hey, Michael....Isn't that your ruby red car, that you posted earlier? So you are an owner of a red car?

Kind of looks like one I know. Notice the beautiful black that happens to be in the background.

1592332810171.jpeg

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I do have an exact copy of that Ruby Red GT500, but I stole that picture off the interweb as I did not have any good color pictures here at work.

I believe the owner of the pictured car is in Michigan/Ohio/Kentucky area.

I should have put a disclaimer on the picture.

Pat Milliken Ford

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Feb 15, 2017
Redford, Michigan
Check out Torch Red. I think it is a much better red than the Race Red and 05/06 red.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Ooooo those are fightin words to Dr Frank!!

I think it is a much better red than the Race Red and 05/06 red.

Reactions: Ed Sims

italianjoe

Apr 9, 2018
Dearborn Heights Mi.
I agree.........l love race red......and rosso corsa 😁🇮🇹

Pat Milliken Ford

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Feb 15, 2017
Redford, Michigan
l
lol. Torch Red.
28F28479-A2CC-4DFE-9BB6-BDD2E326C88D.jpeg

HighHP

GT Owner
Jun 3, 2019
Spokane, WA
Colorado Red
Torch Red
Mark IV Red
These are all color code D3.

Race Red which is brighter than Torch Red is color code PQ. PQ seems to only have one name - Race Red.