4 Post Lifts

jyork965

GT Owner
Feb 3, 2018
Okay, for those of you with garage lifts, I need your recommendations. I've installed a split and have new garage doors, high rise rails and Liftmaster 8500's planned for early November. Would like to install a 4 post lift in a middle bay and have combed the topic here already. Dimensions are 18' length x 10.5' wide with 9' garage door openings. I've 12.4' of height. Aside from Bendpak, what would folks here recommend and why? Rotary, Challenger? Model? Would put an 06' GT up and older 911 Turbos below. Thanks in advance; appreciate the forum's knowledge!

F Pilot

GT Owner
Mar 25, 2021
Toronto
I know that you said “other than bendpaks” but more than brand, I think that you should consider features. For me Bendpaks all day long (with the 78” inside height) and a hydraulic mini jack is what you want.

Other than if you are looking for a service-storage lift and looking at strictly storage, I would highly recommend a single post lift. A real space saver and no posts to worry about except for one great big fat one on the passenger side.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Find out what brands a local to you supplier sells. For me delivery and installation was key. Sure I have the ability and tools to do it myself, but I did not want to. Seeing them set it up, and the their "tricks" to get it done was worth it (we have 6 of them). We have lifts made by Quality, and I have seen, and my dealer now also sells Advantage.

Reactions: 2112 and viva gt

Kpgarage

GT Owner
Mar 17, 2019
I have two backyard buddy lift in house garages. One is the oversized for height and lift so that can use for trucks. I have one mp6 in back shop. Seals have needed replacement in the byb lifts but they are 15 years old. Other than that so far so good. I do recommend drip pans for front of GT as they drip water from A/C condensation after a drive.

Reactions: 2112 and 68Rcodeman

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Find out what brands a local to you supplier sells. For me delivery and installation was key. Sure I have the ability and tools to do it myself, but I did not want to.

I assembled my own by myself. Please note, they are heavy!!

Reactions: PeteK

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
I have an Advantage lift. Pretty happy with it and only went with it because it offered extra accessories than the Bend Pak. Just note, they are probably running close to 2 month lead times.

zach05855

GT Owner
Oct 16, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
you may want to checkout Autostacker for storage

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
I have an Eagle Equipment four post, the ‘SUV’ size that’s a bit higher capacity and dimensions. Ten years old, never any issues

MarkH

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 19, 2007
Katy, Texas
I have 4 2 posts BendPak's and then I have 3 Four post BendPak drive-on's and they range from the oldest being 7 years to the newest being the new "grey" 2 post and I have never had any issues to speak of from any of them. Every once in a while the cables may need to be tightened because over time they will stretch a little with the weight of cars on them if not always down on the locks but no major service issues. I also have a 4 post in one of my trailers and it is NOT a BendPak and it has been nothing but trouble...

Mark Heidaker

jyork965

GT Owner
Feb 3, 2018
Thanks for the input everyone. Could someone comment on the ease of using a Bendpak HD9WX, i.e. ease of running a GT up on the ramps? Also, anybody have any experience with a Direct Lift PP9 Plus?

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I have to use modified 2" x 12" planks to ease my lowered car onto my HD9W Bendpak.

I think someone here had custom ramps but can't remember the details.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
I have a set of Race Ramps I use. I started with the 2x12, but the race ramps worked better for me, and I now also use them for trailer loading. Have the 2 piece version of these (I think).

Kpgarage

GT Owner
Mar 17, 2019
Yes the race ramps are essential. Even the low rise ramps on the lifts need the additional angle decrease for the GT.

tgilbert

GT Owner
Feb 25, 2012
Tampa
I have a single post lift from American Custom Lifts in San Diego, I have the post position against the wall so it takes almost no floor space. You have to drive on to the ramps, it's wonderful for storage but not good if you want to remove tires. I had mine custom painted orange and blue. They use only american steel.

Reactions: F Pilot

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
I have to use modified 2" x 12" planks to ease my lowered car onto my HD9W Bendpak.

I think someone here had custom ramps but can't remember the details.
Raceramps made mine

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
Race Ramps are a must, I need them for my BendPak, double wide (2 car lift).

jyork965

GT Owner
Feb 3, 2018
Ok, seems like Bendpak is pretty popular with the addition of ramps, especially with lower than stock height cars. As Specracer mentioned, brands carried by nearby distributors and installation are strong factors to consider. Again, appreciate everyone's helpful comments.

Dan S.

Oct 7, 2020
I was waffling between Bendpak and Advantage - eventually went with Advantage DX-9000-XLT after they received their ALI Certification. To get the cert they added a lock that kicks in the unlikely event that a cable should jump off the pulley or break.

Mine is not bolted to the floor and sits on RaceDeck flooring over concrete... I don't think I would use the Bendpak if it wasn't bolted down.

Here is a pretty good comparison of the two.

I don't think you can go wrong either way.

Dan

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
I have a set of Race Ramps I use. I started with the 2x12, but the race ramps worked better for me, and I now also use them for trailer loading. Have the 2 piece version of these (I think).

I also use the similar one-piece long Raceramps to get my 06 FGT onto my Bendpak HD9W hoist. The metal ramps included with the Bendpak are too steep to clear the long front end of the FGT. I use the Raceramps to enter my car trailer also.

Last edited:

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
I assembled my own by myself. Please note, they are heavy!!
Ditto! I don’t think you need it professionally installed, and you can do it solo, or preferably with a friend or two on a Saturday. That said, it is a heavy grunt for one person.