14250.jpg

14249.jpg

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Awesome pics. Minus the wheels this thing has grown on me like fungus in only a week. I'm sure this isn't the first time this car has been repainted either. Too bad it has Sony audio equipment. Xplod, please...

FordGTGuy

Aug 1, 2005
Norfolk, VA
If you think about it the may make the last few hundred or even ten like this they would be worth tons. Anyone on this forum going to get theirs like this?

GTX1.com is now up guys!

Last edited:

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
Hey guys I disagree...

I LOVE THOSE WHEELS!!!
They would lokk sooo hot on a Gulf colored car

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
FordGTGuy said:
GTX1.com is now up guys!

The page even has a "order yours" in the menu.... link not working though :skep

HJP

GTX1 Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 13, 2005
Chicago
Does anyone have the password yet?

wonkawonka

GT Owner
Sep 12, 2005
Lebanon
I saw that selfsame GTX-1 on sunday (yesterday) leaving Beverly Hills towards the west.
I hate that color.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
It could have been Wallace (bitzman). He took it for a ride this week, and should have a write-up up soon. He's gonna send some pics too. :thumbsup

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Tie in with Sony, at Sema Sony had point of sale featuring the GT, I took a photo of the card featured in Sony's stand.

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
I reckon you could paint this car in artificial limb color and it would still look amazing.

Two observations - I'd like to see how the doors have been modified, i.e. have a shot with the doors open.

The other, would this detract from the Le Mans DNA of the current GT? That is what pulled me toward the GT.... However I do love the look of the roadster - I wonder what the conversion would cost?

Highly unlikely that your European cousins would ever be able to have one.

N

PS I have just picked up an AutoArt model of the GT which sits in my office, a perfect (and beautifully made) little reminder!

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Thanks for that - had never seen an 'original' roadster. Did it have success on the track?

Would any of the owners on the Forum be tempted to convert? It does look amazing.....

I suspect it would be a bit pricey to have my car shipped to the US to have it done!

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
Hey Neil

Not as much as if you let us drive it around before and after.

Dave

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Hi Dave.....

I would be seriously tempted by the conversion, but it would be madness to attempt it from the UK. I didn't see any engine bracing, I wonder how the torsional rigidity is?

I'm putting my GT around Goodwood race track tomorrow (Friday) along with the DBR2, if I can, I'll post some pics.

For any UK owners... there was a little bit of delivery damage on the paintwork to my GT, right on the seam above the rear stop light. I just had this repaired by Roush Engineering - they did a great job, perfect in fact. Also they adjusted my clamshell alignment, so it's back to where it should be.